WineXpert Chocolate-Rasberry Port Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo,

I told my wife that with the abv of this port, it would easily improve for several years. Somehow though, I dont see it lasting very long.
smiley2.gif

They look beautiful! I'm still working on my own label! It looks great on my computer screen but prints too dark.
smiley6.gif

As for it lasting...I knew it never would so I bought a second kit. Maybe some of that one will get to 2 years!

Okie, very deep and rich looking labels. Just like the chocolate!! Yummo

hi ive got 3 gallons bulk aging since march. plan on aging till november when would be a good time to add more kmeta if necesary.thanks

I would say you could add it any time now but I would certainly want to add a bit more by June or July. 1/4 tsp k-meta should do it. Check the level of sulfites before bottling. It may need another shot then, especially if you plan to age the bottles a bit.

You are right Joan! I think so much in full 5-6 gallon batches that I forget about these specialty kits only being 3 gallons. Use 1/8tsp instead although 1/4 tsp is fine too as long as you don't add it often and check with a test kit before final addition at bottling. Edited by: appleman

appleman said:
You are right Joan! I think so much in full 5-6 gallon batches that I forget about these specialty kits only being 3 gallons. Use 1/8 gallon instead although 1/4 tsp is fine too as long as you don't add it often and check with a test kit before final addition at bottling.

Ok now THAT is overkill, Appleman!!

Geez I try to correct myself and Joan is all over me!
smiley36.gif
I guess I went from bad to worse. DO NOT USE 1/8 GALLON- USE 1/8 teaspoon. Can I use the excuse"The coffee hasn't kicked in yet"?

Back