WineXpert Chocolate-Rasberry Port Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have contacted everyone on my "call if you get any more" list, so I have made the CR Port active on the site. It will stay active until these kits are gone. Current number left is 23 after Joan and Monty's orders.

Get 'm while they're tasty!!!
smiley4.gif

Uh huh! I have 3 gallons bulk aging, uavmn! When I racked and topped up after clearing, I was blown away with how delicious it was! I figure three gallons won't last long so I'd better get more!
smiley4.gif

Joan, when I was bottling the CR Port I was blown away at the wonderful chocolate smell!!!! This one I will have a hard time with patience on the "waiting" game. haha
smiley36.gif

I'm glad I made a double batch. I'm not touching it till a year in the bottle. I learned not to open that first bottle till I'm ready to see it go quickly.

I started drinking from a double batch of the RJS Orange Choc Port in early Nov and now I only have 6 bottles left and it's just now a year old. It's kinda addictive--every night I was looking forward to a couple glasses of the Orange Choc Port. I'm trying real hard to leave those last 6 bottles alone.

uavwmn said:
Joan, when I was bottling the CR Port I was blown away at the wonderful chocolate smell!!!! This one I will have a hard time with patience on the "waiting" game. haha
smiley36.gif

How long do you think you'll be able to hold out??
smiley4.gif

Job, just to let you know I bottled my port and it came out to around 18 1/2 % abv.
smiley17.gif

Jackie, I would like to find an orange choc port kit. Because the CR port smells delicious!! I am almost afraid to open a bottle. I may end up with only 6 bottles like you. hahaha
smiley36.gif

Well, the newsletter had a little impact. Out of the 37 I started with last Thursday, only 15 left.

They look great and those labels are awesome as they come right off without any trouble and look great when they are on. Kudos to W.E. on that. Now they just have to revise their directions to have everyone add the corn sugar a little at a time as so many of us had their batches stop fermenting much earlier then stated but it worked out great as I tend to like wines like these on the sweeter side anyway.

Back