WineXpert Chocolate-Rasberry Port Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking lovely! The wine Waldo! I can't comment on whether you look lovely or not as you didn't post a picture of yourself!
smiley2.gif

Sorry pwp.....I meant to post a picture of me too and just forgot. Here ya go kiddo........MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

20071218_140127_santa.jpg

Edited by: Waldo

Of course Santa makes his own wine! It's not like he can run down to the liquor store...

very nice pics I too had issues with the yeasties. Watched the temp and everything. I didnt fortify though. I have been letting it age in the bottles. I did give a bottle to a chef to use in a sauce. He loved it.
I have not had any personally yet. Trying for 2 years of aging. A friend gave my over a case of Port bottles. So I have quite a few in Port wine bottles. The waiting is murder.

Can port be filtered? Is it recommended and is it treated like regular wine?

I personally wouldn't filter port. It's a dark, thick wine and I'd not want to risk removing anything from it. Rack it an extra time or 2, but I wouldn't filter. But that's just me.

Traditionally, ports tend to throw sediment over the years. Many people store ports upright, instead of on their sides, and decant when they open the bottle.

I filtered my RJS Orange Choc Port (in fact the instructions said to) and it did just fine. I also plan to filter my Choc Rasp Port.

I just made my first rack and added my f-pack and such, and man does this Port smell good. It is easily the best smelling wine I have ever had. Hopefully it tastes just as good.

I think you will like it a lot jwhelan..I sure hope they offer it again this year

This port better be as advertised, mine is coming today. Thanks to Waldo, I was able to snag one off ebay. With all the postings about how good this wine tastes and smells, I might tackle the fedex driver when he pulls in front of my house
smiley36.gif

Back