WineXpert Chocolate-Rasberry Port Started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why yes I do!!!!! It's "tuhlicious"!
smiley4.gif

I'll have to agree joan. MAybe they will offer it in a 6 gallon kit next go around.

I am anxious to see how applemans experimental one turns out too.

Waldo, I was surprised at how good it tastes even before it's out of the carboy! It will be very difficult to stay out of this one! And the fact that it's only half the usual volume will make it even tougher!
smiley3.gif

I know Joan.......I am already down to 8 bottles...several went for Christmas gifts though

Waldo said:
I'll have to agree joan. MAybe they will offer it in a 6 gallon kit next go around.

I am anxious to see how applemans experimental one turns out too.

I have about one more week in the secondary before I rack it. The base is smelling pretty darned good already.

Haven't had time for much wine the last few days. Cindy got discharged from the hospital last evening. They removed a number of gallstones out of her liver - they described them as the mother of all gallstones and admitted her to the maternity ward
smiley36.gif
We were surprised she had stones since they removed the gallbladder in September.

If I hadn't taken her to the ER on Friday morning, they sayit would have been very serious. As it is the duct had blocked so badly that it caused liver damage and part of the tissure around the duct had died. The poisoning from the backed up liver has improved a lot already and they let her go home after keeping her for about 24 hours. She's up and about this morning- and it's going to be hard to keep her still for a while.

Waldo, where did you get those nice skinny bottles for your Port?
Which, by the way, sounds delicious!!
smiley4.gif

Waldo, I was looking for this in the catalog but could not find it.
Do you have the stock number, by any chance?
Thank you in advance~

Chocolate Rasberry Port

Sorry for the additional questions here. If the Port is a 3 gal kit, would I need a smaller carboy to use?

Two things in answer to you uavwmn-
First it was only available by pre-order for a short while with some kits left afterwards. It is no longer available in general, but check for leftovers online.

Second- It is a 3 gallon as are most port kits. You would need a 3 gallon carboy.

I will let Waldo answer about the bottles- but he probably got them at a garage sale for $2.00
smiley36.gif

uavwmn, the Chocolate Raspberry Port is available on ebay, just type in chocolate raspberry port and the link will come up. The seller is a bit pricey and doesn't work with you much. I made him 2 offers that weren't that much less than his asking price, and he rejected them both. I finally caved in and boughtit at his price. Make him a lower offer, but be prepared to meet his price if you seriously want it.

uavwmn
Try this place Rick still has only a couple left. A few members have purchased some from him, since all the suppliers are out of this hot item.

Hopman</span>s Beer and Wine Making Supply
Rick is the owner

http://www.hopman</span>ssupply.com/html/contact_us.html

<t>
</t>

<table nof="ly" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="537"><t><tr align="left" valign="top"><td>
<t>
</t><table nof="ly" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="274">
<t><tr align="left" valign="top">
<td width="238">
Hours of Operation:
Wed - Fri.
1:00 - 7:30 PM EST
Saturday
10:00 - 6:00 PM EST
Sunday
10:00 - 4:00 PM EST
M-T- Closed</font></span></span>
</td></tr></t></table></td>
<td>
<t>
</t><table nof="ly" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="263">
<t><tr align="left" valign="top">
<td height="41" width="25">
clearpixel.gif
</font></td>
<td width="238">
clearpixel.gif
</font></td></tr>
<tr align="left" valign="top">
<td>
</td>
<td width="238">

Waterford
MI, 48329
248-674-HOPS (4677)
</font>hopman</span>[email protected]</font></span></span></td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table>

uavwmn, I may have misread the post earlier, ebay has the wine kit, not the bottles. After reading it again, I'm not sure which you were looking for.

myway, found the guy who has the chocolate ras port kit. I offered him $119.99. Hope he bites. :)

Wanna laugh, I offered him 115.00, I figured that would offset the shipping and he said no. Then, a week later, put it back up with a sale price of 120.00. Strange seller. Good luck!!

Waldo, I found a chocolate rasberry port kit on E Bay. I hope to pick your brain once it is delivered and I get it started.

I know I will need a 3 gal carboy. Will I need another to rack in for secondary?

Latest posts

Back