Chilean Juices at L'uva Bella in Youngstown, OH

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word on when the juice will be ariving from Consumers Produce in the Burg?? R they running a little behind or should I just drive up to Luva Bella??

Al: a1

Consumer's juice will be in the first week of May. Based on the email the order was to ship from Chille the end of April. You're choice if you want to drive to Ohio or wait the 2 1/2 weeks to get it in Pittsburgh.

Here's the most recent update from L'uva Bella winery. Even though the kitchen might not be open, you can pick up juices every day but Sunday.

Bello Chilean

Thank you for your orders of Bello Chilean. The response has been so good this spring that we have been bringing trucks in each week. We have another truck scheduled this week so we will be able to cover all your orders. Please pick up your juice: Mon- Thurs from 11:00am TO 4:00pm, Fri 11 to 6, and Sat 11 to 3. The kitchen and lounge are open Thurs, Fri &Sat.

Some of you told me that you were able to pick up your juice until the end of April beginning of May. That is ok. If you need to pick up past May 7th, you need to let us know. I will call those with pre-orders left in our book but our policy is all buckets goes on the extra list after May 14th. We should have a lot of extras and will be selling juice into June.

Kitchen and lounge

We are upgrading our kitchen and the improvements are taking longer than expected. What else is new with contractors? We are and should be offering more than pizza, sandwiches and salads. We have been offering Baked Orange Roughy on Fridays.

I wonder how Luva is getting their juices so early when just about everyone else is getting it late April. Are you sure its Chilean??? I would think it would all be shipped over at the same time to save on cost.

Wade they ship it out to six other states and are getting weekly shipments. I can only go by what's on the pails and what they tell us. Seems like there are two Major distributors in in the Ohio Valley that ship out to other smaller distributors and states. Thats Consumers in Pgh and Bella's in Younstown Ohio. They both sell different brands and Bella's has a larger selection.

What is the origin of each? I hope Chili but who knows? Even coming from California are you getting 100% of the grape juice you're buying or is there a filler mixed in?

Bottom Line..it better be good!

Wade they ship it out to six other states and are getting weekly shipments. I can only go by what's on the pails and what they tell us. Seems like there are two Major distributors in in the Ohio Valley that ship out to other smaller distributors and states. Thats Consumers in Pgh and Bella's in Younstown Ohio. They both sell different brands and Bella's has a larger selection.

What is the origin of each? I hope Chili but who knows? Even coming from California are you getting 100% of the grape juice you're buying or is there a filler mixed in?

Bottom Line..it better be good!

I'm not sure that Consumers is acting as a distributer. In the Strip District of Pittsburgh, there are probably 10 different places that carry juice from Italy and California. I beleive Consumers is the only one that deals in the Chilean. I do know there was an owner of a wine / beer store that was picking up juice that he had taken pre-orders for but for the most part I believe that is it.

I wonder how Luva is getting their juices so early when just about everyone else is getting it late April. Are you sure its Chilean??? I would think it would all be shipped over at the same time to save on cost.

Wade,
Right! I talked to Gino's and they "smirked" when I asked the same question. They would not tell me if it was from Chile. They suggested how do think they get it one month before every one else.
U can fill in the blanks.
Grapes can only be harvested a certain time so.. how do "these" get to juice before all the others if they come from the same area??

THINK !!

I'm not sure that Consumers is acting as a distributer. In the Strip District of Pittsburgh, there are probably 10 different places that carry juice from Italy and California. I beleive Consumers is the only one that deals in the Chilean. I do know there was an owner of a wine / beer store that was picking up juice that he had taken pre-orders for but for the most part I believe that is it.

Doug there is a produce company in Erie that also get their juice from Consumers.

How do you know when MLF is complete? I've ordered two buckets of Lubabella's chilean juice from their Michigan distributor but will not see them until 4/15. I know, you guys will be drinking yours already. My test equipment consists of a hydrometor and thermometer. Do I need more test equipment if I'm doing a fresh juice and potentially MLF? Or just blindly throw in MLF culture and let it run for 5 weeks before adding Kmeta?

Greg, I don't recall seeing an answer to this question. Maybe one of the MLF'ers can chime in.

Yes, you should get test equipment! Look in our Tutorial area on this site to determine as to which test kit youd like to use!

Greg, I don't recall seeing an answer to this question. Maybe one of the MLF'ers can chime in.

Mike, I had read thru the tutorials that Wade suggested. I decided that I would stick with the standard instructions for the first time with these juices as I have no baseline for better or worse. Looks like accuvine has a test kit for malic acid and there is a Chromatography Test that looks like fun. Next time.

I've got three buckets fizzing on the pool/work table. I'm a happy fermenter at this point.

I picked up my Carmenere juice bucket at the L'uva Bella winery today. It was 39* Farenheit when I opened it. I put a brew belt on it right away. It's now up to 60*. I should probably see some signs of fermentation tomorrow.

I've had lunch there before---very good. They are not open for lunch on M-T-W. I knew that but, because of the Easter weekend, I had to go up early to pick mine up. I don't know how much they have left as we waited inside at the side loading dock and didn't go into the cooler. They were pretty busy. I was third in line to pick up buckets. Charles, who waited on me, was in the middle of bottling but had to stop to wait on customers. The last email from Ruth indicated that they would have plenty after the orders were filled.

L'uva Bella Winery update

Here's the most recent update from the L'uva Bella Winery re their juice buckets:

We will be getting one last shipment of Bello Chilean juice scheduled for delivery Thursday April 28th. We are still taking pre-orders if you would like more juice. Please call or e-mail us. There will be plenty of extras as well.

Ruth
LBJ

Latest posts

Back