Chilean Juices at L'uva Bella in Youngstown, OH

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up ordering another two buckets from Luva Bella, Zinfindal and another riesling. Went over after work today, got the buckets. They do have a lot of extras, 40 buckets of pinot noir, 14 buckets of white zinfindal, 10 buckets of zinfindal, 4 riesling, 5 gewurtz, 3 muscato, and a lot of others. They are expecting to have juice buckets to sell for the next month maybe two months.

We decided to have dinner there as well, ordered two of their pizzas and had a bottle of their zinfindal. Awesome. Boy are their pizzas good.

We've stayed for pizza and wine a few times now after getting our juice. We've also enjoyed the cheese plate and the oil plate. The first time we ate there they even had real, homemade Italian wedding soup that was darn good! As for wine, we tried (and enjoyed) glasses of their un-oaked Carmenere (which was what inspired me to make mine that way last spring). We also tried the Black Muscat which was quite interesting (the nose on that wine is something!). I know we had a few others which were good, but those two stand out in my memory.

We've stayed for pizza and wine a few times now after getting our juice. We've also enjoyed the cheese plate and the oil plate. The first time we ate there they even had real, homemade Italian wedding soup that was darn good! As for wine, we tried (and enjoyed) glasses of their un-oaked Carmenere (which was what inspired me to make mine that way last spring). We also tried the Black Muscat which was quite interesting (the nose on that wine is something!). I know we had a few others which were good, but those two stand out in my memory.

We had zinfindal with our pizza. It was very good and yes we have had their oil plate. Very tasty

Julie I realize it's too late now but we were running a special on wings and pizza tonight. You guys are welcome to stop by later for snacks and a show if you'd like.

L'uva Bella winery in Youngstown still has remaining inventory.

It is our policy to hold buckets FOR THIS SPRING until May 14, 2011 unless special arrangements are made. Buckets we were reserving for pre-orders are now available. The new extra list is below:

Barolo 1
Cabernet Franc 1
Barbera 10
Cabernet Sauvignon 9
Carmenere 12
Malbec 6
Merlot 12
Pinot Noir 20
Sangiovese 5
Zinfandel 30
White Zinfandel 8

Chardonnay 2
Gewurztraminer 2
Muscato 2
Riesling 2

Thanks for the update Mike, I tried to call Consumers early this morning but got an answering machine. I think someone said yesterday that they only had a few buckets left. Might as well drive up to L'uva Bella. What are their open days & hours again??? Looks like they still have a nice selection available.....

Al

I ended up ordering another two buckets from Luva Bella, Zinfindal and another riesling. Went over after work today, got the buckets. They do have a lot of extras, 40 buckets of pinot noir, 14 buckets of white zinfindal, 10 buckets of zinfindal, 4 riesling, 5 gewurtz, 3 muscato, and a lot of others. They are expecting to have juice buckets to sell for the next month maybe two months.

We decided to have dinner there as well, ordered two of their pizzas and had a bottle of their zinfindal. Awesome. Boy are their pizzas good.

Julie:
I thought from earlier posts that the kitchen was only open T-F & Sat?

AL

Planning to drive up on Thursday & have lunch also as the menu looks very good. Hopefully there will still be buckets available. Not exactely sure on what I want but am flexible as what to try so should be able to get some. Anyone have any suggestions which juices would tend to be better sweetened to a medium either in reds or white as we don't care for the dryer type wines.
Shouldn't need anything to be added as they contain everything to get started, yeasts, nutrient. Correct??? Just let warm up & they should start fermenting, unless as I have read, some will have started already?? Will be my first expierence doing the buckets but have a few carboys awaiting juice.......

Al

Al you are correct about lifting the lid and letting it warm up and it'll start on it's own. While you are there you can sample their wines and make a determination what you and your wife would enjoy.

Al,

I recieved an email from them yesterday with what they still had left. Currently for a red or white that you would like to backsweeten, they have

Zinfandel - 30 buckets left
White Zinfandel - 8 buckets
Gewurtztraminer - 2 buckets
Muscato - 2 buckets
Reisling - 2 buckets

Thanks Julie, called & ordered the Reisling & Zinfandel before they were gone, may grab spmething else while I'm there after sampling what they still have available....

Al

Picked up my buckets yesterday & we had an enjoyable lunch of fresh hot peppers & bread, plus the Pizza. Both very good! Took a tour of the back area & giant cooler, wow it was hugh, but pretty empty at the moment. Interesting that they said they were getting new larger tanks as these were too small! They just bottled over 800 on Wednesday, glad they have a multiple head filler.....
Went with the Pinot Noir & Zinfandel after sampling them. SG on both were over 1.090., will recheck again after they warm up a bit..........

Al

Interesting. How long ago did you pick up your Zin, Julie? I've been wondering how active the yeast is even at the low storage temperatures. That could easily account for the minor discrepancy.

Latest posts

Back