Champlain Valley - Grapemans' vineyard - Planting to small winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
runningwolf said:
Looking good Rich. I see lots of oxy-clean. Do you buy the large boxes at Sams Club or Home Depot and then transfer to those tubs? Thats what I do. The other thing I noticed that I really liked were your hose clamps. Were you able to get those at the big boxes. I like how you can just tighten them with your fingers.

I will have to check out Sam's Club to see if they have it there locally. I hadn't checked there yet. I just buy the plastic tubs- but they add up in cost!

Again the hose clamps came from Valley Vintner as did the single spout filler. It was on sale this spring for $250. I bought it to use for sizing my 2 spout filler I made. That one I used the plastic nozzles for an Enolmatic fitted to some steel tubing and set on a steel plate for a base. One of these days I will be using it and get a picture. They have a variety of hose clamp sizes. They work really well for finger tightening the clamps.

I have been having a heck of a time with my Vinbrite lately. Been having filters tear (small tears). Either I don't get it screwed on tight enough and it doesn't filter very well or I tighten it down too tight and get another small tear and..... it doesn't filter very well.

Didn't start out that way. The thin plastic filter holder isn't flat any more (kinda warped) and you have to torque it pretty good with the screw on plate to get it to seal properly.

My cost to filter have doubled recently!
smiley35.gif

It worked pretty well for the first "rookie" year.........

Perhaps it didn't like our looooowwww humidity....... and shriveled up like a raisin!
smiley36.gif

I sent in a label for approval about 10 days ago and just got notice of approval for it. I sent it as a test label to see if I had the key concepts down alright. It is nothing fancy, but it helped me understand what is required.

20101104_151655_HIPRileyBrook_S.jpg

20101104_151745_BackRileyBrook_.jpg

Looking good. I like the contasting color scheme. Very appropriate for a light red table wine.

Looks great. Keep sharing the labels with us, please!
smiley20.gif

And can't wait to see the final package, on the bottle.

congratulations on your 'first' ---- may many more be forthcoming - - -

and many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for your great wines.

rrawhide

Yesterday I attended a local small Farmer's Market. I now have 5 approved lablels for wine so I brought a case of each for show and sale. I had applied for a Farmer's Market Tasting Permit, but haven't received it back yet from the state, so I was unable to provide samples so customers had to buy without trying. Too bad too because I was set up next to a local Artisan Cheesemaker giving samples of all kinds of their orgainically produced cheeses. Could have been a mini wine and cheese party. I was amazed at the sales most of the vendors made, considering we all have to charge slight price premiums to accomodate extra marketing costs.

I may not have sold out what I brought, but at least another crop of customers were aquainted with what my wines will look like. I kept getting comments on how nice the bottles display. Sorry, I did not bring a camera. This will be a weekly market until Christmas so it will give me some early sales, especially when the tasting permit gets to me. I'm going to give that agency a call today.

great......its quite an achievement to have some one make a *decision* to hand over their hard earned money for your wines...congratulations!

Back