Big and Bold Competition (unofficial)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bold red contest

OK,we need to keep boosting the bottle count, where are the other big red wine makers, come on lets have a little fun with this forum and craft....what say you!:)

Amarone final pic (1).jpg

labeled (3).jpg

Joe my Amarone is on the he way plus a couple other Big Reds splits. Hope you enjoy.

Big red contest

thanks tonyt,ok where is the rest. I know it's a vacation time, so lets hear from you so far so good....thank you jp:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy:wy

Joe,

Could you let me know if you receive any entries and what they are/who sent them?

i would like to maintain a list.

I can send in a couple. I will wait till later mid September hopefully it will cool off by then. Takes all week to get something to the east coast via FedEx or UPS ground. PM me your address John.

geek

the amarone you see in the picture is vintage 2011,i have amarone as old as 5 years and sangiovese as old as 4 years and still in excellent condition .:u

I think elderberries make a big bold red wine, in fact some of the grape people who cant seem to get their grapes to be big and bold have been caught adding edlerberries :):) WVMJ

OK folks,

Here is the list entrants so far...

PJD
DangerDave
Boatboy
Elmer
*Berrycrush
*TonyT
RotGut76
*rendezvous
Tom
LonestarLori
ibglowin
Geek

* = entry(s) sent.

That is 12 members so far! Now let's see if we can double that number!

:db:try

Ok folks,

Here is the latest update..

PJD
DangerDave

Boatboy
Elmer
Berrycrush - Entry Received
TonyT - Entries Received
RotGut76
rendezvous - Entry Received
Tom
LonestarLori
ibglowin
Geek

Remember folks, there is plenty of time to enter. Just post some interest and I will PM the shipping info..

Ok folks,

Here is the latest update..

PJD
DangerDave

Boatboy
Elmer
Berrycrush - Entry Received
TonyT - Entries Received
RotGut76
rendezvous - Entry Received
Tom
LonestarLori
ibglowin
Geek

Remember folks, there is plenty of time to enter. Just post some interest and I will PM the shipping info..
Have you received mine?

Hi,
I would like to send in some reds I made a while back. Can you please send shipping info?
Thanks!

I promise mine will be sent early next week. I'm out of town but as soon as I get back, I'm going to pack and ship.
I'm going to be brave and send a youngster too. I sure hope you masters have some Tums on hand. You're going to need them.

Sent from my iPad Air using Wine Making

wish us Canadians could get in on this, it's just too hard to get it there

Man, how I wish that I could change the competition's title to ..

The International big and bold competition!

If I were to change the requirement for Canadians to just 1 375ml bottle per entry, would that make a difference?

with our borders so bad right now I don't think the size would make a difference :( . But I'll be following the results! Good luck to you all. I'm sure there's going to be some awesome wines coming in!!

Back