8,000 Members Approaching

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last person to join got banned on his first post. Does he really count as a member?? Arne.

Unfortunately, yes and there are some that have been banned before their first post.

Oh don't worry, Troy, we would know you no matter what name you signed in under.

Even if I tried to disquise myself with the title, "Lord Troy, the magnificant"

yeah, that wont work, you all would detect my bloddy sheet British accent.

Oh boy here we go.
:tz

Only ten more to go!!!

Well if we keep getting hit by spammers at the right we have been lately, we should reach this in no time. I just banned the last dude who signed up.

Never did like bouncers Julie.

What criteria do you use when you decide to ban them?

I need to know, so when I come in under disquise you will not recognize me.

I may be Sir Troy, as appointed by her majesty.

Well thats what she said when we were swilling the booze yesterday!

I am Sir Troy of Fairbanksinshire!

I THINK I JUST PEED MY PANTS ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING!

(p.s.check out Dan in the backround holding his fishing pole looking thing, and I think it may be Wade just to the right of him holding on to Julies shoulders))
:dg

Sir Troy of Fairbankshire.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Troy, don't know what you are worried about, you have made it this far without getting banned.

Good question. I wonder what constitutes "active"? Daily? Weekly? Monhly? postings. :? :? :?

Of the 8000 members how many are actually active??:ib

Good question. I wonder what constitutes "active"? Daily? Weekly? Monhly? postings. :? :? :?

The members number is how many folks actually signed up. There is no active number. Also remember of the folks signing up weekly we routinely ban 3-10 a week for being spammers. The mod's and admins are working daily trying to keep this site friendly, spam free and non confrontational like some other forums.

And they are doing an excellent job of keeping this forum in shape. It is as good today, or better, than when I signed up. Usually I find that a forum degrades over time. Thanks to everyone for keeping it going.

Yes, this forum has been well kept in the time I've been lurking. That's one reason I joined is that's it's civil and has a great group of wino's.

As far as 'active' members; I don't think it's the volume that's important but active members and actual buying members that make a site valuable. Out of 8,000 members perhaps 20% are 'active'. This is what I have come to realize in lurking on various forums in this field and others as well.

Of course this is my 1 cent (adjusted for inflation). :D

That 20% is probably even higher truthfully. Back in the beginning this forum was a complete mess and spam was hardcore rampant. It took a team of us to go in and massacre them to get this place going again but before we came on here we lost a lot of good people Im sure. Heck Grapeman here was one of them but luckily I was able to lure him back once the team and I got this placxe bak in shape. Like said before, Ita all about quality not quantity!!!!!!

Back