You know you're addicted when...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetwine

Advanced Idiot
Reaction score
* You catch your spouse fixin' to thow out a half gallon glass jug and scream NOOOO... I can use that!!!
* You find a glass jug and think, I wonder what size bung that is? And then start something new in it that night.
* You walk around thinking, What can I ferment today? (Habenero pepper, is going great. FYI)

What's everyone elses crazy stories? I know you have them!:)

You have more wine then you could ever possibly drink and then you go and buy a crusher/destemmer and press so that you could order fresh grapes! When you open up a separate bank accnt just for wine making! When you admin 3 wine forums!
We had a thread just like this but for the love of God I searched and couldnt find it!

You have more wine then you could ever possibly drink and then you go and buy a crusher/destemmer and press so that you could order fresh grapes! When you open up a separate bank accnt just for wine making! When you admin 3 wine forums!
We had a thread just like this but for the love of God I searched and couldnt find it!

Wade, You're my wine-making HERO! :d

1) When "the bigger one" is never big enough (wine equipment).

2) When you catch youself saying "we could always buy another stainless steel tank.

3) When you sacrifice furnature for wine making purposes (bought a barrel to use as a table and ended up using it to age wine instead.

4) When the owner of your local winemaking shop refers to you as "Your Excellency". (no kidding)

5) When you need to rent a truck to pick up your grapes.

6) When they need to clear a loading dock to load said truck.

7) when it takes you a year to find a house "with the right cellar" (my wife wanted to kill me)

When your spouse ends an argument with "I'll throw all your wine crap in the creek if..." and he wins.

When someone posts they have 880 five gallon carboys available and you think....."I can use them!"

Not really a crazy story. FYI one day I'm gonna make it up there, I don't think ur more than 6/7 hrs from me.

I remodled my basement last year... big family room, an office for me and a small closet I expanded into my wine room. Enough for 36 - 48 gallons (6 carboys) to be stored and a workbench with storage. My wife came down into the office the other day because I was "raging" that I couldn't find something. She discovers that the office is full of carboys and wine in various stages. Also that I took out a built in bookcase because I am going to need more wine bottle storage.

It was when she pointed that out that I realized I have a problem. Plus I wish I had discovered this obsession before the remodel!!

you know your addicted when: during a winery tour, they kick you out of the back room as you take pictures of their equipment out of excitement and give you suspicious stares like you are from the IRS.

1. when you turn a just remodeled room into a home winery complete with stainless steel counter and sink...and the carpet is still in place

2. When the local HBS owner keeps calling you "customer of the week."

Latest posts

Back