WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you misunderstood me, I know you made the kit, I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't. I realize you can post from anywhere, I was just trying to make a suggestion that would help you to stay in the competition. Life hits us all unexpectedly and I didn't think it would be fair for you to have to bow out completely.

Sorry you misunderstood me, I know you made the kit, I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't. I realize you can post from anywhere, I was just trying to make a suggestion that would help you to stay in the competition. Life hits us all unexpectedly and I didn't think it would be fair for you to have to bow out completely.

Thanks. If I could have worked with it from mid-July to now there would be no issue, but it has one more racking, possibly two before it passes my inspection. The flavor and mouthfeel is spot on, so I can only imagine what a little backsweetening will bring. If only we could rewind a few months. The only fermenting going on here has been a plethora of kombucha, water kefir and yogurt--to combat the effects of the antibiotics. But life will get back on track eventually. Did not even buy any grapes this season, just unable to commit. Sad indeed. So I will be living vicariously through you guys! May splurge on a frozen pail or two, or juice from Walker's when normalcy returns here.

I agree with Julie, take care of yourself first. Sara I'm sure Dave would be more than happy to extend the deadline a few weeks. LOL it might even allow Phil to get back in the competition. Please take care of your self, we are all pulling for your health.

If sara will enter, I'm willing to wait until she has it ready. Mine's all done. I can send it now, or next year.

There is no hurry for me to place last! :)

Let me check it out tomorrow (well later today) and I will report back. Thanks everyone.

Absolutely! We are in no hurry!

We are all willing---I believe---to put a hold on this for anyone who needs more time. Like they've said, our wines will only get better!

You need another month, sara, you got it! All the time you need. :hug

another month geesh gonna have to put another lock on the wine cabinet lol

no worries its all happy sitting in the bottle

ya, that ranks right up there with send it to me, I'll make sure it doesn't spoil. :i Arne.

Look, Dend, Arne and I have talked this over by PM and we both agreed to safeguard your wine and keep watch over each other to make sure we don't drink any once it arrives here. You go ahead and send it, and we'll let you know when it gets here, won't we Arne???

:i

oh well how thoughtful guys shure thing send me your addys dont mind the urine smell its those funny corks ive been using bahahahaha

We will let the cat sniff them. If he says it is ok then we can put them on the shelf and store them for you. WInk wink wink. JS said we would safeguard them with the cats life. Arne.

Ok, I feel pretty confident I can ship in four weeks. Appreciate the accomodation!!

not even fair. Pick a date and stick with it. Im just saying I have lost kids, best friends...Keep a date and stick to the date regardless. I feel for everyone's pain but if you dont pick and date and stick with it, its all void!!!
I dont mean to be disrespectful.... but hey, a landslid took over my village at the last min... See what I mean?? Im just saying...We are all good people with good hearts and good intentions. When I can not make deadline. Im gonna be hurt but it is what it is!! My pain should matter just as mush as anyone else... Rules are rules. Rules can be a hard A** but they are what they are! Rules!!

Last edited:
Calm down Tess, this is just a fun friendly thing these members are doing and I think it is great that they are willing to do this. To me is shows how much they all value friendship. There is no reason for anyone to get uptight about this and to be honest, I didn't see where you were entering so I am confused on why you are bothered by this.

...and all this (going back a few pages now) is EXACTLY why WMT does not need to get involved in a formal contest. It's pretty interesting to read the thread from start to finish and see how things have changed.

Please do not let one person's comment sour this thread. I have been enjoying reading it and I think the fun (unofficial) contest is still on. If I have said anything that has offended any of you who are part of this contest then I apologize.

Latest posts

Back