WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still here just sitting quietly in the corner surrounded by empty bottles that say starwberry costal white save for contest.....lmao

nah i got mine ready to go just watching this whole thing unfold

Well my winemaking has come to a screeching halt. I've had bronchitis for months now and I'm on so much medicine I can't drink and I'm too sluggish to mess with anything. I ruined my coastal strawberry and a couple batches of skeeter.

They're making me drink some kind of weird dye to check my chest for cysts next Friday. Good luck to you all! Hope all of yours comes out better than mine did.

Well my winemaking has come to a screeching halt. I've had bronchitis for months now and I'm on so much medicine I can't drink and I'm too sluggish to mess with anything. I ruined my coastal strawberry and a couple batches of skeeter.

They're making me drink some kind of weird dye to check my chest for cysts next Friday. Good luck to you all! Hope all of yours comes out better than mine did.

Take care of yourself and good luck with your test on Friday.

hate to hear that hope you get better soon

Well, I think I'm back in, ran my award winning Strawberry Blonde through a 1 micron filter four times, degassed the heck out of it and now it positively sparkles! Almost need sunglasses to look at it. I almost forgot to mention, IT TASTES GREAT!!!!!!

Good Job Phil, and to think 2 weeks ago you were taking like you were throwing in the towel. Patience and persistence and strawberry blonds go together like peanut butter and spam..... that's what I always say......
good job.
Mike

thought it was peanut butter and ladies...hmmm i guess spam will work to haha

Ok, we're about two weeks out from shipping time!

Everyone please count off. I need to know who is going to actually send a bottle to each of the two judges. At the end of the month, we'll reveal the identities of our esteemed judges, and get their mailing addresses to our contestants.

We've discussed this before, but it is also time to decide if we want to have another round at this. Do we make another wine for a spring contest? If so, who wants to participate? What should we make? Any suggestions?

Locked and loaded, and ready for shipping. I'd be game for another round of this, no preferences on what type wine, just make it something that's drinkable quickly compared to the deadline. Pee in July '14 or Port in Oct. '18, know what I mean Vern?

Mike

Dan,
Magnetise a needle and float it in a bowl of water. If it points north, stir back and forth, if it points south, stir forth and back. If it goes in a circle, stir in the direction the needle is turning. Very simple, HUH? Arne.

I'm out, after filtering 4 times through a 1 micron filter my wine has clouded up again. I am sure that another 2 weeks wont help. Dang, I hate conceding or forfeiting!

Still out. Bummed, but my wine should turn out quite good, just ran out of time with all the stuff going on. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!

Still out. Bummed, but my wine should turn out quite good, just ran out of time with all the stuff going on. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!

Your kit would have still been working to become wine even if you wasn't there to attend to it. I see you are able to get back to posting so you must be getting back to normal. I bet everyone here would be willing to wait a few weeks longer so you can enter your wine.

Your kit would have still been working to become wine even if you wasn't there to attend to it. I see you are able to get back to posting so you must be getting back to normal. I bet everyone here would be willing to wait a few weeks longer so you can enter your wine.

I made it, never said I didn't. The issue is I had to abandon the plans I had due to life threatening illness. It is patiently parked in its carboy, but was dropped like a hot potato in early July.

Anyone can post from anywhere, at any time. This just happens to be from my husband's hospital room & I needed a sanity check.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back