WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the color is great, the wine needs a lot more aging because 5-6 months is just not enough in our opinion. We are not sure we will submit an entry.

coastal1.jpg

coastal2.jpg

While the color is great, the wine needs a lot more aging because 5-6 months is just not enough in our opinion. We are not sure we will submit an entry.

Just keep in mind, everyone's wine is the same age as yours. Even playing field as far as age... By the way, looks great...

Sammyk, looks nice and Doug's right, we're all in the same boat as far as time and I think that's part of what makes this fun. Minimum rules, ingredients and time and see what you can come up with. Remember, It's all just for fun, there's not even a 25 cent gag ribbon at stake.
Mike

I probably will not submit a sample either. Mine will not clear! I am thinking that I could rack it into 1 gallon carboys then stick one in the freezer then maybe it would clear. It tastes excellent but is as clear as mud!

We do realize everyone is in the same boat, "green wine". It does not make sense to us to send wine in when we would not give it to anyone else because we would not drink it. Just not sure that another month will make a big difference. We shall see.

Sammyk, like others said submit it. It will be the award for the best green wine ever!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should all submit another bottle in 6 months? I know for sure we will still have 30 bottles left of the 31 bottled last night.

Would all you people SHHHH!!! The number of entries for the Anti-Judging Judging is falling as the due date nears!

It's all part of my diabolical plan!!! Ah-HAHAHAHAHA!!! :tz

:)

I'm kinda like Kraffty, I like how mine tastes pretty well right now. It's way different than anything I've ever made before, but it hits the general target of the flavor I was after. Leaving the dead fly in it for a month added a certain note.

:)

Now, how to get Dave and a few others to drop out... hmmm... :sm

Last edited:
I probably will not submit a sample either. Mine will not clear! I am thinking that I could rack it into 1 gallon carboys then stick one in the freezer then maybe it would clear. It tastes excellent but is as clear as mud!

That might work, or you could put it in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. I'd try it if I were in that spot. It has worked well for me before.

Mike (Kraffty), yours looks a lot like mine! Have you been in my cellar? :ft It's a nice rich red, with that distinctive amber hue particular to strawberry. Great job, my friend! You should be proud!
Mine has been on the rack for about three weeks now, being quietly awesome! I'll have to drag a bottle out for a picture for you all. I'm sorry for the troubles some are having with this wine. Quite challenging, ain't it! Strawberry wine has always been my nemesis. We could not have picked a more troublesome version for me. I got started right away---being concerned about the clearing issue---and it turned out perfect. But we'll see what the judges thing later.

On another note, this is a tough kind of contest. I've sent in wines to competitions before, but I knew they were good wines before hand. It is a whole different animal to have to make a particular wine for a contest. Those who participated here know what I'm talking about. You should all give yourselves a hearty pat-on-the-back for your efforts, regardless of how it all turns out.

You are all winners in my book...even though you're all going to lose! :try

Aw, come on Sammy! You gotta send in your entry. We're all in this together, the young, the cloudy, and the totally awesome! If you want to re-submit for another judging in the spring, that's fine. I'm in. I've said it once already. These wines are going to be much better 6-12 months from now. I'm keeping what's left on my rack for next summer.

I know this was a short-notice, baby wine competition, but that's part of the challenge. Stick with us! If it's just me and Jim and Mike then there'll be no competetion at all! :i

JIM, when all else fails - CASH!
PJD, Filter it!
DAVE, No need for a picture, I can tell it has way to much cockiness in it but that will probably go away once the judges open mine.
DEND, still in the picture??
Mike

Marc in reference to this competition (on this thread only) it is up to the contestants to pick and chose which advice to follow or believe. If it's coming from me, don't bet your first born on it. It's all in fun.

Marc in reference to this competition (on this thread only) it is up to the contestants to pick and chose which advice to follow or believe. If it's coming from me, don't bet your first born on it. It's all in fun.

Dan, We all know you would never never lead anyone down the crooked trail. :i Arne.

Latest posts

Back