WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The win will go in my signature so every time i post they will remember and it will have a link to this thread, oh and I will just post in every thread just so it can be seen :)

A year!!!! :) :) :) I figured after 30 days everyone one the forum would have forgotten about the competition and the bragging rights and start yelling at the winner.

What competition??? :D

bahahah see this is what makes this great, we for sure have to start having some official wine competitions on here. change it up every month starting in october as month 1 then we need a november wine be it a kit or a fruit or a mead. kinda follow this format we have here

Wine type:

What has to be in it:

Dry/Semi-Sweet/Sweet

Last edited:
i don't have near the experience of most of the people on here. i guess that will make it even more impressive when i win!! I'm in! i agree with the secondary prize for best label.

I thought about doing this but they are sold out of the BOGO! Anyone want to share one of their kits?

A year!!!! :) :) :) I figured after 30 days everyone one the forum would have forgotten about the competition and the bragging rights and start yelling at the winner.

I am pretty sure if Jim or Dave wins we won't be able to forget about it in 30 days. 30 years is probably closer. lol, Arne.

Okay mine is underway pics to come, i think this is going to be a great strawberry wine :)

:u

Hmmm ... I heard that Sammyk might have snagged a Coastal Reserve kit. That can only mean one thing. Here ... we ... GO! :e

:u

Hmmm ... I heard that Sammyk might have snagged a Coastal Reserve kit. That can only mean one thing. Here ... we ... GO! :e
The more the merrier, who's the good Sammyertan? Dave had 4 didn't he?

My primary it moving really fast, might have to add more berrys tonight or move to secondary early, will know tonight!

Well, just to let you know, Dave has first place sewed up and I am definitely taking last place, so there are still a couple places in the middle there for ya! :)

And dammit, I'm moving to where I can have a good winemaking store nearby. ;) Our sorry excuse had ZERO oak of any kind today hidden on the back shelf next to the Playboys. So I had to settle for a "good article" in the Playboy instead. :D

(Hell, I typed Playboy and previewed this, so I get an ad for single women near my town up top. LOL! I don't care who you are THAT is funny! I'm too drunk to ... well, never mind!) :)

Spycam pic...

spycam001_zpsa5427e76.jpg

Jim, I don't know that everyone's conceded first to Danger, there's always beginners luck to be considered and I've got a big ole can of that on order right now. Keeping the wood and playboys on the same shelf makes sense in a sophomoric kinda way.
Mike

the flavor is from Jim's special Hanes toasted oak chips :s

glad you got one SAMMY welcome aboard! its looking awfully expensive to send bottles to each person now! you will all have to take judges word on how good first place really was :)

so what kind of wine are we doing for the month of November? making this a monthly thing would be fun, judges may have to become heavy drinkers though....i will throw my hat in the ring for this got the heavy drinking part down already :)

the flavor is from Jim's special Hanes toasted oak chips :s

glad you got one SAMMY welcome aboard! its looking awfully expensive to send bottles to each person now! you will all have to take judges word on how good first place really was :)

so what kind of wine are we doing for the month of November? making this a monthly thing would be fun, judges may have to become heavy drinkers though....i will throw my hat in the ring for this got the heavy drinking part down already :)

We are discussing two judges behind the scenes. We have to ask them before we mention names.

Just saying, I'm out for sending bottles to everyone involved. My wine trading costs me an average of $16 a bottle shipped, and then I sometimes don't even get a bottle back in return, so that would be $160 for 10 contestants. We can make side deals to trade bottles if we want, but making that a requirement would be cost-prohibitive for me.

This thing started off as kind of a lark. For my part, let's see how this one works out before we jump in monthly. Or if someone wants to run it monthly, they can volunteer and then do an open call for entries each month. I don't make wine year-around, so that way I could jump in as I feel like it and it won't become work.

I like the spur of the moment feel to this one-time contest, myself.

I think you all give me far too much credit! How can I live up to these expectations? "King of Goofy Wines"? Sheez!

I offered Sammy a kit, but looks like she's got one already. Good! We've got some excellent competition going here.

Mine is moving along in rapid pace, pushing the lid off my fermenter, going from 1.090 to 1.035 in the first 36 hours. Just to mix things up, I'm not using a secondary. I'm going to leave mine in the bucket until it's dry. Mine had developed an interesting pale color while bubbling. My prediction is that it will attain the color of pink champaign!

Game on, people!!!

Mine is moving along in rapid pace, pushing the lid off my fermenter, going from 1.090 to 1.035 in the first 36 hours. Just to mix things up, I'm not using a secondary. I'm going to leave mine in the bucket until it's dry. Mine had developed an interesting pale color while bubbling. My prediction is that it will attain the color of pink champaign!

Game on, people!!!

Hmmph, that's all you got?

Mine blew the lid off, got out of the bucket, took a flight to Cyprus and then helped negotiate an agreement with Europe to bail them out financially! Then it flew back home, got back in the bucket, and that's when I took that spy shot of it. :h

Back