WMT (Unofficial) Strawberry Coastal White Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well with what we are looking at we will probably go to a semi-sweet, whats the semi-sweet range 1.010-1.030? shoot for something in there?

I hear ya, i just dont wanna send in syrup and you send in a dry and everybody else sends in semi-sweet :), i dont wanna constrain it to much either just try to make it eaiser on the judges to proclaim me the winn...er...uh easier for them to judge us fairly :)

I was aiming for a semi-sweet, but I don't want to hold anyone back. Feel free to make whatever kind of second place wine you like! :s

:)

I even got a label in the works...

Fat_Flamingo.jpg

WARRANTEE? We don't need no stinkin' WARRANTEE! :)

Look, I am making mine to GET BOMBED, so you vinophiles can do your own thing and I am good with it. I am aiming for LAST place!

I think I'll call it :pee

:)

BTW, who are our VICTIMS ... er, I mean, judges??? :D

Nice label Dave, kind of a play on "fat bastard"? Now I suggest we have the judges consider labels as a secondary competition. Suecasa should be right up front on that contest if she's playing.

Lol, ok you guys got me curious. Who are your Judges and what does the winner get?

Julie, I think your name was mentioned as a possible judge to be recruited at a later date, but jump on in. So far we're only playing for a years worth of bragging rights. I can't imagine finding a judge or two is going to be that difficult around here.
Mike

Lol, ok you guys got me curious. Who are your Judges and what does the winner get?

We're just having a little wine making fun here in the backwaters of the forum. Nothing serious...I hope. :i

In October, we'll need someone (or two) to try our wines and declare a winner. Maybe we should have these kind of little contests more often, here. I'm having a hoot, and my wine has only been in the fermenter for a few days! :)

Lol, I love it. I say the winner gets bragging rights for 30 days!

OK, it's in the bucket. In keeping with my goals, I wanted to be absolutely sure that there was no hand-wringing or intense esoteric contemplating while chanting a mantra and adjusting pH levels or calculating Brix when this was made, so I set a time limit of 15 minutes, start to finish, from the time I picked up the bucket to the time I put the lid on it. I made it in 14:47.

The most cursory of hydrometer checks possible shows it at 1.095.

However, this is red already, so I may have to think about changing the name from :peeto "URINARY TRACT INFECTION." :)

Yeah, yeah Dave, here's yer pic!

infectionwine_zps980f73e5.jpg

Now if you'll pardon me, I need a drink!

Wish I had the space to do this. I bet it'll be a blast. Next time.

Maybe we could get one of our sponsors to throw in a $10 gift card for the winner. :D

i cant do a label :(

actually scratch that judges mine will be the 20 dollar bill labeled bottles :n :)

Last edited:
thanks kraffty

Nice label Dave, kind of a play on "fat bastard"? Now I suggest we have the judges consider labels as a secondary competition. Suecasa should be right up front on that contest if she's playing.

well with that encouragement i may need to think about getting this one going! have never tweeked before so feeling a bit out of my realm .. and since we live in the tundra i'm at the mercy of grocery store for berries ... but i'm thinking i'll give it a go ... will let y'all know for sure when i get it in the pail!

A year!!!! :) :) :) I figured after 30 days everyone one the forum would have forgotten about the competition and the bragging rights and start yelling at the winner.

Back