WineXpert Winexpert Selection original Symphony

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how did it taste Joan? Was it as good as the wine you made from grapes last fall? It sure looks mighty fine especially all dressed up in those bottles with those great labels.

How you like this weather- almost 100 a few days ago and 74 today with lots of rain! It was beautiful over the weekend but I had to do some repairs around the house while it was sunny for 2 days in a row. I went out tonight to hoe some weeds and it was more like transplanting them from one spot to another since the soil was so wet. I needed the exercise hoeing though and missed the vines. Have you gotten that way yet?

I forget to ask how the wine is as I have the same kit bulk aging and have not tried. The temps here have been very warm also except for Sunday which was the 1st day the air on the 1st floor finally got abreak and that thing on the side of the house (electricity meter) finally slowed down to ludicrous speed. The second floor will never get a break as that floor rises to about 91-93 every day, those are our bedrooms and the air is a must!

Wade

How long do you bulk age in the carboy?

I have WE Cab; WE Gewertz and MM Amarone in carboys and was planning on
waiting until Decemberish to bottle. The temp in the wine room
stays at 65-68 24/7. I do ferment and age in this room so do not
want it too cold. I imagine I could go down to 58-60 but the
electric meter seems to want to leave its housing when I do this.
Outside temp is running 95-104 so we are warm... we have R30 in the
ceiling ... but no roof vents (got 2 today to put in) and am going to
cover the insulation with a radiant temp foil blanket to keep the
insulation cool. Hope this all works. I now have my VR
Riesling bottled; IM White Merlot & IM Wildberry Shiriz to be
bottled soon. Went kinda nuts and have a 1 gallon bottle each of
Blackberry; Peach; Ancient Mead and strawberry going too!!!
Having fun and looking forward to not buying much commercial soon!!!!

I do 4 to 6 months typically but would like to take this a little further but always end up needing these carboys. I have a Blueberry Melomel and Orchard breezin Watermelon White Merlot since middle of May and 6 gallons of Ice wine, I.M. Blueberry Pinot Noir W.E. Symphony since June. I would like to tell you that these Mist kits had their ABV upped to 10, I would not recommend bulk aging a Mist too long as these are designed to be an earlier drinker and the alc. content is too low to stay good to long.

The Symphony tastes great!!

We're not as hot as you, thankfully! I'm not looking forward to mid 90's and high humidity tomorrow. How about I send it east??
smiley4.gif

I just opened my 1st bottle of Symphony and must say its a nice white wine. Funny thing is now Im much more interested in reds now. I used to only like whites and country wines and now that i have a whole room full, I really like the reds more and need to make a lot of them. Next year thats all Im gonna make with the occasional fruit that i can get for free such as the crabapple and raspberry, and probably another Black currant as that one strikes on both red and country cause it has so much to offer. For anyone who likes a white , this is a great wine, not totally dry but definitely not sweet, it has a nice acidity to it and is crisp. Right down the middle.

Latest posts

Back