WineXpert Winexpert Selection original Symphony

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's exciting isn't it Benny when you find one that just blows you away..Now where the hell is them pictures of this crystal clear wine
smiley4.gif

OK... I got sucked into the Symphony gap! Folks are right about the taste of the juice! I was ready to dip a ladle in and scoop me out a glass! I didn't but I did lick the spoon!
smiley14.gif

Just racked mine today. Looks a little low in the carboy though. I will have to rack this 1 into a 5 gallon carboy next.

I pitched the yeast a little after 1 today and was working by 5!

Did you taste it, Wade?? How is it? Is it the reason the 6 isn't full???

I did not as I usually dont do any tasting along the way but it smells
good. This is the second time I have come up short in a carboy.The
first was with the 2 sparkling wine kits combined and it was at about
this level which I posted a picture in (2 Newer Batches). I even
transferred some lees. Oh well, this is why I bought a 5 gallon carboy.

OK.. I'm confused. I went to the WE website to find out what grapes they used in the Symphony and it says they used Grenache Gris. I looked that up wondering if maybe I could grow it here. (I would if I could!) It's described as "nondescript" and it's a red grape! How can that be producing such a delicious white wine?</font></font>

I think you are a little too cold there Joan for Grenache. We'll get you growing some delicious grapes before you know it. Check out your profile. I think someone has been messing with it - you are a question mark who lives in the United Kingdom! Did you do that Wade?
smiley36.gif

OK I looked again and your car is back, but still United Kingom- did you move?Edited by: appleman

LOL Haven't moved there this week but my daughter is threatening to!

Can you explain that grape and how it's in a white?

It's like the Frontenac gris. They are kind of a pale mutant that when kept off the skins, they make a white wine. If you keptthe must onthe skins it would form a pale pigmented red, sort of like Catawba makes a pink. I'm not familiar with the variety but:

"Partly due to its commonplace abundance and partly due to its hardiness in warmer climates that are generally considered to grow lesser-quality wines, Grenache has never achieved as much of a premium reputation as other red varietals."

They are a vinifera type grape and need about a zone 8-9 or higher to survive- much warmer than us.

Joans avatar and location look fine over here, Me thinks appleman has been hitting his stash again!
smiley36.gif

I swear when I first looked, I had to check the tag line to make sure there wasn't a second Joan. Her avatar was the guy with the question mark and her location was United Kingdom. Left and came back and the avatar was fine but still UK. Now it's all OK.

appleman said:
I swear when I first looked, I had to check the tag line to make sure there wasn't a second Joan. Her avatar was the guy with the question mark and her location was United Kingdom. Left and came back and the avatar was fine but still UK. Now it's all OK.

I don't know about avatar. I didn't touch it. I don't know how the UK thing came up but I corrected it.

This is how I spent yesterday afternoon! I had a whole glass leftover! As soon as clean-up was done, I sat down with my glass and admired all my work!
smiley4.gif

Symphonybottled.jpg

Latest posts

Back