WineXpert Winexpert Selection original Symphony

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorosco

Reaction score
Ok guys I have started this kit and the smells are out of this world ..I am really excited about this white wine ..This one I can not wait to taste!!A white wine with the incredibly intense aromas of melon, grapefruit, mango, peach, banana and papaya. That just sounds good....

I know Waldo....Pictures.....I will get some up later today!!
smiley2.gif

I just did this one as well. It's in the clearing and second
racking stage right now. I sure does taste good already. I
am very impressed with this wine at such a young age.(1.5 Months)

I did this one starting in Jan and have had it bottled now for a few months. It smelled great and tasted good at a very young age. I didn't age in the carboy for very long since at that time I was carboy-challenged for my other kits I wanted to get started.I was planning to test taste some time this month to check on its progress since I was hoping to take a few bottles for my parents 50th anniversary with relabelled using their wedding picture. OnceI give it a "good" tasting I'll let you know. I do remember how good the juice smelled when I first opened the kit. It was my first kit to start this wonderful hobby so it will have alot of sentimental value.
smiley2.gif

Hi I made this kit in February and only have about 10 bottles left, second batch is at stage 2 now. Can't keep it away from my mom.

Grant(Lmeeko)

bmorosco said:
Ok guys I have started this kit and the smells are out of this world ..I am really excited about this white wine ..This one I can not wait to taste!!A white wine with the incredibly intense aromas of melon, grapefruit, mango, peach, banana and papaya. That just sounds good....

I know Waldo....Pictures.....I will get some up later today!!
smiley2.gif

It's later today already!

Well I opened up the first bottle. Had to sample it immediately upon opening and it smells and tastes great!!!!! I no longer can taste that yeasty flavor of "baby" wine and can start to notice some of the fruit flavors as mentioned above. Will see how it is after allowing the 1 hour decant rest. As it taste now I am very happy with the results of my first kit. Thanks to all on this forum for some great teaching to make this possible.
smiley32.gif

JW if you need a picture that bad(
smiley2.gif
) try;

http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3058&PN=1

Mine has been in the bottle about a year now and it's very good. The fruit flavors in this are very subtle bt there, with a great acid balance that just bites theJaw a bit but immediately is pleasured with the flavor of melons and sweetness on the toungue of appricots. A nice, pleasant dry wine.

Anyone add extra sulphite to this or some of your bottles to extend shelf life..Very excited about this wine...

After the 1 hour decant period this wine is fantastic. The fruit is subtle as mentioned but even with my allergies kicking in I can tell the tropical fruit in the after taste is there. Very smooth with a pleasant mouthfeel with just a slight tinge at the jaws as jobe mentioned. I love this wine. A definite do-over!!!!

Waldo at racking the taste was like getting hit with a face full of melons..Real strong aroma there was definately alot going on...But I am excited this wine is going to be very complex...AWSOME!!!

Well mine is ready to bottle! It tastes great. It's not
like any other white wine I have had. I get alot of Melons and
tropical fruit with something else I cant put my finger on. Plus
I have not had a taste of this wine cold yet, which tends to bring out
the fruit more. I think for the price and taste I will make
another one for sure.

Okay you's got me interested and I just placed the order with George, along with a floor corker and 100 FVW corks.

wade said:
Okay you's got me interested and I just placed the order with George, along with a floor corker and 100 FVW corks.

Awsome wade... Well I will tell ya the wine is crystal clear it is been racked off the lees and I am going to bulk age this beauty..WOW what a great wine..I added the extra sulfite when I racked. I plan on letting this bulk for 6 months then bottle...I can not believe the complexity of this wine.. I know I am fairly new to this hobbie but this is the first wine I am all out blown away........Very COOL!!!!

Back