Winemaker Magazine Conference

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumpinfrog

Junior
Reaction score
I am going to the Winemaker Magazine wine conference next week at Cornell University. I was wondering if anyone else is going? The conference is sold out. If so please let me know.

Peggy:dg

Lucky-ducky!!!

I'd love to attend that, but not this time.

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

I'd love to go a conference some day, I'm probably going to be helping my sister in law move that weekend (actually both of them). As a newbie it would be interesting to go and learn!

I can't go but have a couple bottles entered. If they call my name, pick up my trophy for me. :db

Congrats to you. And yipee for me . . . Got a silver for my WE 2009 Montepulciano. Next year a gold!

We got 2 out of 3 the elderberry awards this year, it was nice to see someone else getting an award for elderberry also. we need some more elderberry winemakers entering next year so the judges know what good elderberry wine tastes like. Crackedcork

Last edited:
Sh!t you guys are for real. I'll just creep back and read what ever bones you decide to throw.

Congrats to all that competed.

Congrats Cracked, it does not surprise me that you took all the awards and I really don't care how many entered, there could have been hundreds but I truly believe you would have stilled taken all the awards. Your knowledge of elderberry wines is extremely extensive.

Winemaker Magazine 2012 Conference

I just got back from the Winemaker Conference at Cornell. It was a great event. There were over 4300 wine entries. I won a bronze for Mango Mint. There were very interesting entries. As always this is a great event to attend and the seminars are very informative.

Cheers

Peggy

Winners all

Proud to announce,that the south jersey wine makers ,one of our own won best in show for country wines,joseph wann,check out his blend,interesting isn't it?

Julie, its not wine against wine, its a point system, so multiple golds can be awarded for the same kind of wine on points, so we need more elderberry people out there to educate the judges on what good elderberry wines should taste like. Also, thanks, CC

Congrats Cracked, it does not surprise me that you took all the awards and I really don't care how many entered, there could have been hundreds but I truly believe you would have stilled taken all the awards. Your knowledge of elderberry wines is extremely extensive.

Julie, its not wine against wine, its a point system, so multiple golds can be awarded for the same kind of wine on points, so we need more elderberry people out there to educate the judges on what good elderberry wines should taste like. Also, thanks, CC

thanks for letting me know that. You know what really surprises me is elderberrys run wild across the US and yes it may take a little effort to find a good batch but it's a little effort. I know some complain about the green goo but really I don't see that as a big issue. I just don't understand how there are not more people out there making elderberry wine. The wine is great, one of my favorites and it blends well with about just any other fruit out there.

julie

TAKE a look at when good wines gone bad #16,and you'll see what he's talking about,remember that wine tasting like any other tasting is very,very subjective,and at that time.check out #16 plum wine:db ....

Latest posts

Back