What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cheap Torrontes ($6.00) I picked up at Wegman's this morning. Not bad, but to my unsophisticated palate is more like a Sauvignon Blanc.

Hi Guys... new here. So happy to find a place to have thoughtful wine conversation with other people. I love my friends, and Im not a snob, but any time i bring up the topic of wine their eyes just immediatly glaze over. I have worked in both the wine and food industry, and have some degrees and certs. Not that, that means much. Just thought it was worth mentioning.
I am looking forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Oh, and I am drinking Loire- Sav Blanc tonight. :) paired it with pan-asian spicy lobster and crabcakes, and a lemon grass/lime hollandaise. The Sav blanc is crisp...its cold, good acid, its got lime, its dry, its Lemongrassy. definetly a nice pairing.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

tonight finished a bottle of Opolo mountain Zin, and currently working on a JLohr riesling.

Opened one of my last bottles of Riesling - 2008

very good ! enjoyed it watching a great movie

Tonight is a Valpolicella Ripassa, (Cru Select). Pitched 2/23/13 and added 4 oz American medium and 2 tsp. Tancor grand cru. Good nose with perfect tannins and ripe fruit. WOW! Perfect match with a pot roast. Gotta make another one soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Wine Making mobile app

Just finished bottling a Wine Expert Vintners Reserve Pinot Noir, had an extra split left over. My better half said it was the best wine i've made yet. Pitched yeast on Feb. 4. 2013 and added 1 pound of raisins to primary. Bakervinyard

Having a glass of zinfindal/pomegranate. Dam is this stuff good, great flavor and great mouthfeel. I need to make another one this fall.

Just opened a 2011 Elderberry. Wow is all I can say. I really need to lose the remaining 2 cases of the 2012 elderberry...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Wine Making mobile app

is this dry or do you back sweeten ? I do both. Tonight I am doing simple concord, trying to resist all the others calling. Its all a matter of time. Enjoy !

Strawberry Wine

Strawberry wine close out of the Winemaker's Handbook. Tastes like a smooth Strawberry flavored Zin.

Back