What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WS Super Tuscan with Bolognese for dinner.

ETA: this wine is just going on 15 months. I have 13 bottles left and am worried none of them will see their 2nd birthday. Only one left on the rack and the rest are boxed and stashed away. Hopefully, I can forget about them. :dg

Last edited:
My version of a Saison du Mont to start and then I have a bottle of Icewine-style Riesling to polish off...oh, yeah!

Tonight I opened a split of my Mosti Mondaile Renn Roso D'Avola. This was pitched Jan. Of 13 and bottled June of 13. I added a pound of organic Red Flame Rasins in primary. Added French oak and tannin in aging. Spent three months in Vidia barrel. Its really settling down well. Its good now and will only improve.

Well, It is the last weekend before lent begins. I give up all alcohol for lent every year.

In other words, I want to open something special, but I just have not decided on what...

Any suggestions? (and NO, I DO NOT HAVE ANY CONCORD OR WELCH'S)

:)

johnT.

Got any Opus?

No, but I am thinking about picking up a bottle. It will either be Opus, or for something even more special, I may tap into my 2007 Napa Merlot (only 3 bottles left).

My 2007 Napa merlot (fresh Napa valley sourced grapes) won 4 gold medals and 2 silver in various competitions. It is full bodied and aged on XOV oak. Perhaps the best I have ever made.

No, but I am thinking about picking up a bottle. It will either be Opus, or for something even more special, I may tap into my 2007 Napa Merlot (only 3 bottles left).

My 2007 Napa merlot (fresh Napa valley sourced grapes) won 4 gold medals and 2 silver in various competitions. It is full bodied and aged on XOV oak. Perhaps the best I have ever made.

Do the merlot.

John I'd go with the oldest thing in my cellar.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

I am enjoying a Cellar Craft limited edition Bella Sonoma Pinot Noir from 2012. I don't know why I continually find my surprised by a wine that is mediocre at 18 months becomes so good at two years. This one has every thing I like in a wine: spice, smooth tannins, and ample fruit. This is a very good example of a Sonoma Coast Calf pinot noir. I did every one of the Cellar Craft Limited Editions before they became Kenridge and they are all very very good.

I had a bottle of my "house red," viz., Seven Deadly Zins open. I also opened a $5 bottle of Frontera Concho y Toro Carmenere (from Chile) to top off my Rosso Fortissimo. I really like the Carmenere, but it is just a little thin. The 7 Deadly Zins., on the other hand, is pretty robust. So, I started experimenting with blending them. The result was very nice. Complex, mineral, jammy, spice.... Very nice.

Last edited:
Taken a break with my 1/2 bottle of German Blonde it has a lot of sediment but it was left after bottling and was just testing it. It's totally sudsy and good taste too but I'll wait another week before cracking open a full one. Waste not want not so they say... :h

that beer tasted so good I put one in the freezer for a lil while and I know I said I was gonna wait but that half tasted so good!

Going to finish off a bottle of dragon blood and then get into a modified orange juice wine (recipe compliments of Bernard Smith).

Latest posts

Back