What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
CC Showcase Lodi Old Vine Zin. Started 21 months ago. It's nice, but I never got it fully degassed ( it was one of my first wines). There is just a hint of CO2 left. This one is definitely on my "do again" list. I have 11 bottles left.

That new Norton I need to send you a bottle of, Jim, once it gets out of bulk. That will be followed with a lovely scuppernong.

That new Norton I need to send you a bottle of, Jim, once it gets out of bulk. That will be followed with a lovely scuppernong.

Still haven't tried the Horton that I sent you. I opened the Chrysallis a while back. Didn't love it, but it wasn't bad. I think it needed a year or two.

We are having an unintentional blend. Last night our wine club meet. Every month we have a different type of wine for an internal competition. Last night was Dry reds. My wife entered an Old Vine Zin, I entered a Petite Sryah-Zin blend. After it was all over, we had about 1/3 of each bottle left, so I mixed them together and brought the mix home. It is actually pretty good.

oh and out of the bottles there we were third. The club is a very sweet wine club. The winner was a Barollo kit wine fermented at a very low temp of 50 deg F. It was really tasty.

Last edited:
Me too! Drinking Kracken spiced rum and Pepsi tonight!

Ugh, I need it after waiting around at the hospital for 3 hours only for them to tell us our son had an allergic reaction. Really? Huh, I thought I brought him because NOTHING was wrong.

Sorry :m my rant for the night

Me too! Drinking Kracken spiced rum and Pepsi tonight!

Ugh, I need it after waiting around at the hospital for 3 hours only for them to tell us our son had an allergic reaction. Really? Huh, I thought I brought him because NOTHING was wrong.

Sorry :m my rant for the night
I've felt your fury with hospitals and sick kids. I'm glad he's okay

A tweaked Vino Italiano Montepulciano, Joeswine style with a jar of raspberry jam. The raspberry was in your face when young but now only get a hint of fruit. since I just started 6 months ago, I am drinking the cheap stuff while I am aging the good stuff.

Last edited:
finished a Red Kiss (a blush Catawba) and now working on a semi dry Foch. It's wine and pizza night.....

Evan Williams Single Barrel "neat of course"

True story: I went to a nice restaurant once, and, after dinner, ordered a single-malt scotch neat. The young waiter asked if I wanted that "up, or on the rocks?"

I had been a young, naive waiter for many years, and I identified with the kid, and I wanted to be nice. "No, no, I replied, I want it neat. Just tell your bartender I want it neat, he will know."

He nodded, and went off to the bar. He then came back and said the bartender wanted to know if I wanted it up or on the rocks. I said "No, just straight, that is, neat. Don't mix it with anything. Just the scotch itself." He went back to the bartender to negotiate this strange request.

He came back AGAIN, reporting the bartender didn't understand what I wanted, did I want it up or on the rocks? I began to lose my patience. From there, the conversation went like this:

Him: "So, how should he make this?"

Me: "Tell him to take a glass"

Him: "uh-huh..."

Me: "and then take the bottle of scotch"

Me: "and then pour some of the scotch into the glass"

Me: "and then you bring the glass to me."

Poor kid looked gobsmacked, but it worked. He apologized that neither he nor his bartender had ever heard of this before.

That's funny, good Bourbon doesn't need anything else in the glass.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Wine Making mobile app

Tonight, I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know after we get to the restaurant and I've seen the wine list. :D

Back