What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dayuum........

Why is the last bottle from a batch always the best. This took its sweet time to come together and soften. Chalk it up to mixing free run with press run to top off the barrels over time I suppose. This was from 2011 LODI grapes from my infamous FVW visit where the truck didn't show up for two days after it was supposed to. Mostly Cab Sauv and a sprinkling of the rest of the other Bordeaux grapes I had that year. Notice the cork. Lafitte 1+1 and looking beautiful even after ~5 years of laying down in the cellar.

IMG_3660.JPG

Needed something to go with take out pizza when it has been a tough week and it is only Thursday. 2009 Cougar Crest Cab Franc (93pts WS) was just about perfect.......

IMG_3710.JPG

In San Antonio to help out with my mom. Had some type of low BP cardiac event yesterday and we ended up in the ER and then admitted for observation for a couple days. She is feeling much better today but not sure what is causing these drops in BP causing her to almost pass out. I caught her as she fell yesterday. She fell last week and nobody was with her when it happened so she has a shiner. She has cardiac issues but she is not in good enough health to try and fix and survive the procedure so she has a DNR in place. Stubborn farm girl. Should get to come home tomorrow but then we just kinda wait for the next event. Positive thoughts very much appreciated.

In San Antonio to help out with my mom. Had some type of low BP cardiac event yesterday and we ended up in the ER and then admitted for observation for a couple days. She is feeling much better today but not sure what is causing these drops in BP causing her to almost pass out. I caught her as she fell yesterday. She fell last week and nobody was with her when it happened so she has a shiner. She has cardiac issues but she is not in good enough health to try and fix and survive the procedure so she has a DNR in place. Stubborn farm girl. Should get to come home tomorrow but then we just kinda wait for the next event. Positive thoughts very much appreciated.

Praying for the best for you and your mom

Back