What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d like someone to give me a guess of the SG of this Culitos wine blend, see above picture.....any guesses????? [emoji4]

12.5% ABV according to the label. The wine is sweet but not overly sweet like an ice or dessert wine.

I’d really like to find out what this company does exactly.

Had an unexpected day off today (didn't find out until Wednesday morning), so tried to actually do some wine stuff today (wifey had to work which opened up the kitchen, aka wine work room). Bottled a 26 month old Zinfandel (from Suisun Valley (Lanza) grapes) and an 18 month old Chilean Syrah (bucket + lug of grapes). The syrah needed a few AIO rackings to get rid of some residual CO2, but had the bottles pre-cleaned so didn't take too long to get the main part of the job done (6 gallons syrah + 5 gallons zin). The nasty part was the syrah, need to add water, gummed labels. What a pain. I think I bottled the batch with my AIO quicker than it took to attach the labels.

And yes, the Zin labels look pretty bad, but it was the only type my local shop had, oh well. Also cleaned up 4 cases of bottles, hopefully will bottle one or two wines this weekend. Wifey pressing me whether there will be wine (of her type, sweetened) to give away for Christmas presents.

Opps, wrong thread. Oh hell, time for another beer (in my glass). Eventually these will show up in my glass, in a year or two.

11-23-18_wine-1.jpg

11-23-18_wine-2.jpg

Last edited:
So is that the same Petite Sirah you used in your Pahpy's Blend?

I have a bottle staring at me right now saying "drink me".

It is. And that blend is really, really good (IMHO). That was Dad's favorite ratio.

This 100% PS is opening up pretty nicely.

It is. And that blend is really, really good (IMHO). That was Dad's favorite ratio.

This 100% PS is opening up pretty nicely.
I will open that bottle up on a night when I can fully appreciate it. Too much beer and other things messing up my palate tonight.

I grabbed a glass of the Chilean muscat that I was racking (before I added any Kmeta). Wifey turned her nose up to it. I asked if adding more sugar would make it better, she said "don't bother". Score for me, because it's at 1.003 right now and about as sweet as I can stand it, but I do love the fruitiness of a good muscat. So I can now bottle a wifey wine that will be mine. It's almost 19 months old and very easy drinking at this point, almost too easy drinking. I'll bottle it all in 750ml bottles, if I put any in 1.5L bottles it may cause problems (I normally try and finish the bottle if I'm enjoying the wine).

Edit: has tons of apricot notes in the finish. Yum!

Back