What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're more perceptive than I am. I didn't even notice. Enough sed.

Yes, neutral barrel time. Blended with about 30% Petite Sirah. Drinking pretty nicely right now, but I think another 6-12 months will bring it to it's prime.

Edit: corrected to say 30% PS.

Last edited:
Yes, neutral barrel time. Blended with about 15% Petite Sirah. Drinking pretty nicely right now, but I think another 6-12 months will bring it to it's prime.
The five gallons I bottled is not blended with 8 Med+ French Xoakers used for the batch. Probably not as far along as yours since mine lacks the micro-oxidation from the barrel.

kungfugirlriesling2012_base_4.jpg

A porter started 2-17-18. Found eight bottles I had forgotten about. In very nice condition (clear, no off-flavors, not over carbonated). Any sharpness from the black patent malt has smoothed out. Amazing what a few extra months will do for a beer.

12-12-18_porter.jpg

Edit: opened bottle #2, damn this is good!

Last edited:
Tonight was the (sigh...) last of my 2010 Cline Zinfandels. As some of you may recall, this has been a long-standing experiment of mine on aging cheapish commercial wines, explicitly trying to change a $9 bottle of wine into a $10 bottle of wine :) At 8 years old, I think this was on the downslope; it was still very nice, however. Smooth and languid, lots of fruit.

Didn’t take any pics of the carnage, but we polished off two 3 liter Prisoners from 2014 while visiting at my moms house and having dinner. Mrs. Claus is out like a light, guess Santa will have to do the honors tonight.

Nice! Prisoner is on today's menu. 2 bottles of 2011 and a 1.5L of 2014.

Last night, wow... We shared three bottles of wine I made in 2016. Sauvignon Blanc 2016 Limited Edition Master Vintner kit, Stag's Leap Merlot (WE) and a Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel (WE). All three were excellent and are becoming more than a one dimensional experience, meaning drinkable. Aside from each having great nose and mouthfeel, all three had primary and secondary notes. Specifically, the Zin had a nice hint of spice that exploded into black licorice. The Merlot had a nice carmelized plumb note that lingered.

Latest posts

Back