What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How old is that Raspberry wine?
If it's batch #26, 31 months old. If it's batch #29, 29 months and one day old. Tim needs to report back (if he still has the bottle) what the piece of tape on the back says, since that's a generic Raspberry label. From the description I'm guessing it's a #29, but I could be wrong.

I'd give you all the bottles I have if you'd give me that beautiful back yard (or should I say "estate").

Last edited:
Yes! Heading over to turn my badge in around 1PM MST. Swear the oath of never revealing anything I ever learnt that is classified and meeting up with some of my coworkers and BFF's for a couple rounds of beer at out local beer co-op Bathtub Row or the "tub" as it is known to tip a few.

beer1_0_0.jpg

Emotional day to say the least but happy to move on to the next phase of life and all that it may bring!

Is today your last day at work? Opening up something nice to celebrate?

Thank you all for all the well wishes! It was both an emotional and wonderful day yesterday. A few tears were shed knowing I would not be able to access the Pajararito corridor ever again (closed road to badge holders only). Have driven up and down it to work for 33 years. I left at lunch, came home finished signing the pension papers and took them to the USPS and got them on their way. Then off to the badge office to swear the oath and sign and hand them my badge. My Z# (employee number which was started way back during the Manhattan Project) was 099487. Not too many people left with a zero in front of their Z#. They are now issuing Z#'s in the 300,000's .......

1. I understand that the penalties for unauthorized disclosure of classified information or matter as specified in the (a) Atomic Energy Act of 1954 are as follows: Any person convicted of violating or conspiring or attempting to violate any provision of section 57 of the Atomic Energy Act, may be fined up to $10,000 or imprisoned up to 10 years, or both. If the offense is committed with intent to injure the United States or to aid any foreign nation, the penalty could be up to life imprisonment and a $20,000 fine (b) as specified in Title 18 of the United States Code, section 1001 penalties are as follows: “Any persons convicted of willfully falsifying, concealing, or covering up a material fact or making false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations may be fined up to $10,000 or imprisoned up to five years or both.
  2. I understand that the penalties for unauthorized disclosure of unclassified controlled nuclear information (UCNI) are as follows: (a) civil penalty; any person who violates section 148 of the Atomic Energy Act or any regulation or order of the Secretary issued under section 148 of the Atomic Energy Act, including these regulations, is subject to a civil penalty. The Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs may recommend to the Secretary imposition of this civil penalty, which shall not exceed $110,000 per each violation.

I felt happy and completely free as I drove over to the the "Tub"! We stayed their from ~2pm until around ~5pm and had many friends and coworkers stop by and drink a pint (or two) and chat. Even had several of my analytical customers who knew I was retiring stop by to wish me well.

Mrs IB and I headed home and we had several friends we have known for years over for dinner last night. The local Smith's store had Tri-Tip on sale for an excellent price so picked up two nice ones and had them marinating overnight. Fired up the Weber and cooked them over charcoal and a nice chunk of pecan. Nailed the temp this time! Had loaded baked potatoes and a nice salad. We followed that up with a family favorite of Key Lime Pie.

Went into he winery/cellar and found a nicely aged Magnum of 2010 Betz "Clos de Betz" right bank Bordeaux blend from the Columbia Valley. 93pts WS. It was spectacular and a perfect pairing for dinner!

Slight headache this morning (LOL) but I am up and ready for the first day of a new chapter of my life. Definitely feeling blessed. Time to walk the Golden's and get going on the days chores.

Cheers, (Prost) to all!

IMG_3583.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats on the retirement. If I had to drive to an office to work, I would probably be thinking about it as well. I am going to assume that if you were walking the Goldens, you also had to sweep the floor to remove the golden hair?? If only we could do something with that, we would be as wealthy as something or other.

LOL Yes, we call them GMF's at our place or Golden Magical Fibers.........

We tiled the whole house except for the bedrooms years ago to make it easier to clean up after the dogs. We vacuum at least once a week with a Dyson and always get a full canister of GMF's

I am going to assume that if you were walking the Goldens, you also had to sweep the floor to remove the golden hair?? If only we could do something with that, we would be as wealthy as something or other.

Latest posts

Back