What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a happy man, dog warden came over tonight and all is good, the dog is quarantined to our property or 2 weeks as that is the law no matter if he is up to date on all shots or not. Im so relieved, he fell in love with my dog and agreed it was just a bad circumstance and to let sleeping dogs lie. It was just a nip but turned into a little more as she pulled away trying to escape from the nip, there was no stitches or anything. Praise the lord!

gr8 news and im happy 4 you and ur dog.

considering having a private wine party in July. Has anyone held one of these? And how did it go?

Im a happy man, dog warden came over tonight and all is good, the dog is quarantined to our property or 2 weeks as that is the law no matter if he is up to date on all shots or not. Im so relieved, he fell in love with my dog and agreed it was just a bad circumstance and to let sleeping dogs lie. It was just a nip but turned into a little more as she pulled away trying to escape from the nip, there was no stitches or anything. Praise the lord!

Glad to hear things worked out for you!!!

Stirred the skeeter pee up it's still fermenting nicely. Started the cellarcraft Pinot noir last night as well. This morning both were bubbling away merrily.
At work right now. Afterwards I'm going to harvest more mulberries

considering having a private wine party in July. Has anyone held one of these? And how did it go?

I had one and it went well. I bought those 4oz plastic wine glasses at the party store and threw them out when we were done. With smaller glasses people will try more wines and if they didn't like something, not so much is dumped. Everyone brought hourdurves to share.

The group from N/W PA are having one in July and I will be hosting another one in August for anyone interested.

Today I ran up to Aldi's at lunch time and picked up 32 lbs of strawberries. After I was done working I de-leafed and halfed the berries and placed them in ziplock bags at 4 lbs each. They are in the freezer and my fingers are only slightly pink at this time. Berries were on sale for .99 per lb. Peaches are .89 a lb there this week but I didn't look at any of those.

Pitched yeast on 2nd batch of skeeter and bottled a strawberry. Unfortuantly the strawberry did not carry over to the bottles the same pretty red color that was in the carboy.

sitting at home chilling...has been a nice day!! cracked open a Peach Ale and plan on relaxing all freaking night!

That is a great price for peaches!!
Our nearest Aldi's is almost eighty miles away.
I'm glad to hear things worked out with your dog Wade. I have dogs and can't imagine having to do with out them.
Funny how quickly they can steal your heart.

I hear ya. NIKKI stoled mine the first day she became a member!!!

Then again, the right peaches could do it also!!!

LMAO!
:)

Got another 1/2 lb of mulberries off the tree/bush/monster that my future inlaws never pruned lol.
Gave the pinot noir a good stir, whipped up the skeeter pee a bit and extracted a fruit fly. :/ damn pests.

Last edited:
Clean some bottles & slowly getting my wine making area cleaned up. Ran out of time had to take the wife out for diner!

Cooling down the house. Gonna have a heat index of 106* Thursday (tomorrow) with oppressive humidity!

Debating what new batches of wine to prepare in the next few weeks. Keep on trying new grapes from concentrates that I have never made before, or maybe do some fresh fruit. Blackberries will be coming into season, and I can still get my hands on good strawberries.

what ?? niki just chillin?? ya mean you not making soap or climbing mt everest? wow lol

Bud :se

Just added yeast to my Strawberry wine from my steam juicer

Today I had a new floor poured in the main winery. It is 14 by 32 feet and I put in two floor drains. The floor slopes from the walls to the drains. The man will come back in another couple hours and power trowel it smooth. I told him I want it smooth finish, but not polished so it isn't slippery when wet. Next up, clean the walls and ceiling (pressure wash), allow to dry and paint. Then on to the tasting room.........

Latest posts

Back