What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple hours away from solstice here. That equals 23 hours 45 minutes of sunshine.

Worst part is Tuesday we start going the other way, still, it wont be dark for weeks.

The clouds have dissipated, and the sun is screaming in the sky. Hard to imagine a bright sun at 2 or 3 in the morning.

Fkng A!

Give me the soap now!! LOL

Wish you could all be here!!

We willsave you a seat for next year!!

I'd like to see it myself. I would also like to see it the other way, all night.
I still have plans for one day to make a trip there on the bike. But the economy will sure have to turn around.

Here's what i made today...its chocolate mint soap...wasnt sposed to look like this, but my first try all the layers separated and when to hell in a hand basket...so i cubed it up and did an over pour with some clear...

That looks good enough to eat! I would use it...

Going to teach a CPR refresher class for the local cub scout troop this evening. Should be interesting. Their meetings are generally 90 minutes long. That should be adequate time to cover all that needs covered.

I have some squid jerky I made the other day. How hungry are you? LOL
Have you been smoking some cheese and now you have the munchies?

YUM...Squid Jerky!! LOL

This stuff is actually pretty darn good.

We have a fish here called a hooligan(candle fish), kind of a smelt, I have marinated them in the same "sauce" I use for these and they to are fantastic dried.

Squid jerky.jpg

Its real good, no kidding. If you like seafood you will agree. I just may have to send you some, but you cant have the octopus in the freezer, saving that for Leanne.

These are a bit spicy but I am quite proud of them. I know of noone else who makes these.

I have made these for years.

YUM...octopus!! LOL

YUM...NIKKIS soap! LOL

Last edited:
Im a happy man, dog warden came over tonight and all is good, the dog is quarantined to our property or 2 weeks as that is the law no matter if he is up to date on all shots or not. Im so relieved, he fell in love with my dog and agreed it was just a bad circumstance and to let sleeping dogs lie. It was just a nip but turned into a little more as she pulled away trying to escape from the nip, there was no stitches or anything. Praise the lord!

Praise Him for sure. Sure happy for you and your family that this turned out so well!!!

Latest posts

Back