What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking my lunch motivated me to finally make the Valpolicella kit. Thew in 6 lbs of Dornfelder used skins. Use the vacuum food saver to make two 3 lb used grape packs of what was left. Now I have room to freeze the turkey, oh, but I'm cooking that, doh. Grapes still smells pretty darn good, which made me switch from porter (kicked that keg)/yorkshire pale ale to Bolla Sangiovese.

Gravity was 1.088 once the grape pack thawed and was squeezed a few times. Don't know if the dehydrated elderberries really add any gravity, assuming they are for aroma and mouthfeel. Nice oaky smell once the sawdust rehydrated. Juice smelled very good even though kit was 11 months old. Smelled even better since the SE kit was 50% off.

Deep fried a Chicken for dinner. Also transferred 65 gallons of PA juice from primary fermenter to glass. Currently enjoying a 2014 Reisling made from juice purchased at Presque Isle..

And how is that Reisling?

replaced the brakes and rotors on my daughter's car, then explained to her that if a car doesn't have oil, it doesnt' run, so off to Jiffy Lube. Was trying to enjoy the house to myself by drinking my own Fredonia and watching the hockey game, but got interrupted by phone calls due to an issue at work.

Today, cleaning the house and doing laundry until my wife gets home from her scrapbooking weekend. Supposedly, I am off all week, but sounds like I'll be in at work tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1448366311.596876.jpgspent the evening on Saturday at the Chicago Symphony. I'd have posted this then, but I don't like announcing that I'm away from home (for obvious reasons).

Great time. And, I stayed awake. SWMBO usually has to kick me when we go. Our concert venue is usually too warm and classical music does good things for my bp. So, I usually dozing by intermission.

We are off from work today, so it would be a perfect day to go to Home Depot to buy some things that I need for work! :? I need to buy a bunch of 4x4's and make a kind of crude gantry hoist for some equipment.

While walking through Target, overheard something only a little boy would say. "Mom, can we see if they have farting silly putty?" I couldn't help laughing out loud as mom was aghast.

Wait, is there really such a thing!!!?? (grabs keys and heads for Target)

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I have a Aronia, cranberry, and rhubarb wine bubbling happy this morning and I am going to an black currant wine with dinner

heading over to have thanksgiving with my wife's disfunctional family.

What wine is everyone pairing with the turkey and stuffing today?

heading over to have thanksgiving with my wife's disfunctional family.

What wine is everyone pairing with the turkey and stuffing today?

We started with Catawba, moved on to Apple and now Chardonnay.

Latest posts

Back