What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching our 2 year old grandson over night Saturday, yesterday was a parents day out. Our 8 y/o went to her big sister's house for a few hours and I took my wife for a couples massage then out to dinner. it was a very enjoyable afternoon/early evening...

Racked 5 gallon of Chilean Malbec and Carmenere last night. Added more oak cubes to both. Heavy French to the Malbec and Medium + to the Carmenere. Both are progressing nicely.

racked/filtered the White Cranberry Pinot Grigio and 12 gallons of Pee. Looking to backsweeten the 2014 Fredonia and bottle for my wife.

I'm also doing a test batch of 5 gallons of dry, oaked Concord, just for giggles....

Topped up the 2014 OVZ barrel, then racked down the remaining 5gal carboy to a 3 + 1 + a couple bottles. Did some tasting while I was at it.

Bottled 2 RJS's Syrah's. 1st-CWS chilean and 2nd GCI Californian for comparison. Both bottle aged 6 months. Will taste test in the New year.

Today had a much needed comp. day from work. Just so I could work on home projects! Painting our sunroom, run to Home Depot building radiator covers. Final cost of paint then I get to relax.
Steve

Took today through Thursday off. Made a long overdue trip to Northeast PA to pick up local juices. Came home with a mere 89 gallon. Here is the list

12 Seyval
12 concor
18 fredonia
20 catawba
15 niagra
12 diamond

Another toy Doug?
Yes Dan, I had performance points at work so rather than getting a gift card for the wife like I usually do I picked up this 1400 watt Induction cook top. Works well, now I don't need to go to the kitchen to heat up the juice to make my simple syrup when adjusting sugar levels.

Off today so I racked 5 gallons of Chilean Zin. Added additional 1.5 oz. of heavy toast French oak cubes. Really digging the flavor profile heavy toast is adding to the Zinfandel.

Our church is holding a "parents night out" event. Normally my wife and I are there watching the youngsters, but this year we get to go out.

When we went to the Gettysburg Wine Festival in September we noticed that the Appalachian Brewing Co had an outlet at the Gateway Center where the wine event was held. Well, it's about 15 minutes due south of the church, so we're a going there for dinner and drinks.

Looking at the menu it looks like we have the choice of eight of their year round brews and at least six or so seasonal brews, depending on which fall brews are still on tap and which winter brews are ready.

Think we'll have to flip a coin when we get there to see who will be the designated driver...now where did that heads only coin get to?

Latest posts

Back