What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me nothing good EVER came out of the Flotation tank on Fringe! :sh:<:sh:<

1865eg6zdw4o2jpg.jpg

Ohhhh, no particular reason...... :) :D :)

I'll give you a hint: a hydrometer is involved. My wife got a flotation tank (http://www.zenfloatco.com), and I am setting it up.

Early soccer pics this morning, followed by a 9am game for my oldest. Since I watched him play, I forced him to watch me 'play' afterward. We went to Total Wine AND Trader Joes. Aside from a dessert we're bringing to a friends house tonight and some random groceries, I bought a bottle of wine or two. ;)

The spoils for the day were two bottles of 2011 Aglianico del Vulture and a bottle of 'Untamed' (a columbia valley bordeaux blend) from TW. Trader Joes still had the $16 Amarone I got a few weeks back, so I grabbed two bottles of that, a bottle of Dark Horse Petite Sirah (for only $7.99) and some Coppola Zinfandel.

Running errands today for my folks here in SA, TX and having fun hitting some of the big wine shops around town. Tying hard to practice self control but have run across several bottles that might come home with me!

total-wine-interior-2.jpg

Oh happy day!

Yesterday was a busy day. Hit Janoski's Farm Market for their pumpkin patch so we could get pumpkins. Made stuffed green peppers from the remainder of our peppers in our garden (really good when you mix hot sausage with the ground meat) and bottled 10 gallons of Carlos Muscadine, 8 Gallons of Bronze Muscadine, 5 gallons of Pinot Gris and 5 1/2 gallons of Reisling. Wednesday I will press my grapes.

vacationing in Florida this week. The sea is angry, my friends, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli.

The wind has died down, some, and found time to sunburn my shoulders at the pool. We hope to hit a couple of wineries later this week.

Oh, jeez! :slp I could probably fake my way out of this, but I have to tell you I thought that was a Ho original.

Although I CAN come up with a doozy or two, I must give George Costanza props for this one. But I DO appreciate the faith you have in my posts. ;)

Last evening was wine and cheese tasting at the location. Low frill jug wines were the menu, and my wife would not let me bring mine down to serve. I did start to talk to the people at the next table and told them that I would be conducting a tasting at the pot-luck dinner on Thursday night.

Although the wind has died down somewhat, we were hit with a small shower, which passed quickly, and we found time to further sunburn ourselves. Off to Port Canaveral tonight for dinner.

Latest posts

Back