What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wil be pressing 400 pounds of rhubarb and get that wine started. Also, I will press 300 pounds of Marquette that has been quickly fermenting for a week.

As I said earlier, I bottled beer yesterday. I used my vacuum wine bottler with a slight modification (a space to lift the bottle) and it worked great.

Since we have a heat wave (51 today, 60 tomorrow) I am putting up some holiday lights (Christmas lights as my wife calls them).

However I will not turn them on until after turky day.
But I will be the first up and on in my neighborhood.

If there is enough time I have a 1.5L & .750L bottle of barolo I need to rack and maybe bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Elmer! You are screwing up the curve for the rest of the guys in the neighborhood. Just step away! Resist the urge! I have confidence in you! :i

Very little.

Went to church, then out to lunch with the family. Didn't get home until 2:30 or so. Since then, I've been watching football, helping the kids with crafts, or playing with my quadcopter. Nice, lazy Sunday. :sl

Elmer! You are screwing up the curve for the rest of the guys in the neighborhood. Just step away! Resist the urge! I have confidence in you! :i

My neighbor has the same idea. We were both out putting them up. Better to doen all day in 50 degree weather as opposed to last year when I put them up in 35 & raining.
My neighbor also brought over some Long Trail IpA, good stuff
ImageUploadedByWine Making1416783703.952922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Just got in from work trying to relax and not stress out. Worked 12 hours today prepping everything for Thanksgiving. I need to make 700 apple pies, 400 pumpkin, 300 custard, 200 lemon meringue, 225 caramel apple, 200 blueberry, ricotta, lemon,mince, chocolate creme, banana creme, cherry. Don't forget the cheesecakes, cookies, cakes , cookies, bread, rolls, OH MY ! I'm exhausted just typing about it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Bakervinyard

Just got in from work trying to relax and not stress out. Worked 12 hours today prepping everything for Thanksgiving. I need to make 700 apple pies, 400 pumpkin, 300 custard, 200 lemon meringue, 225 caramel apple, 200 blueberry, ricotta, lemon,mince, chocolate creme, banana creme, cherry. Don't forget the cheesecakes, cookies, cakes , cookies, bread, rolls, OH MY ! I'm exhausted just typing about it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Bakervinyard

Boy, you must be having a lot of people over for Thanksgiving dinner. :)

(don't envy those in your profession at this time if year. I imagine it is a good percentage of your annual revenue though)

Getting ready to pitch yeast on a new batch of Danger Dave's Easy Peasy. We will off to the LHBS for more yeast as we have 3 more batches to start.....

Getting ready to pitch yeast on a new batch of Danger Dave's Easy Peasy. We will off to the LHBS for more yeast as we have 3 more batches to start.....

What yeast are you using, plan to start a batch of this after Thanksgiving and I am curious what most of you use?

Thig, due to the high acid content, I use 1118. This yeast will ferment rocks if you let it. I've never had an issue with it.

I also stopped and picked up 5 gallons of Ocean Spray Cranberry to experiment on making a Cranberry wine. I have some leftover Craisins to toss in for body. I was going to follow Julie's recipe for Cranberry Pomegranate which recieves rave reviews from friends and family. Has anyone made a Cranberry from straight juice or done any flavoring with Cranberry????

I am totally digging having a week of vacation this week. I could get VERY used to this....

Yeah 1118 is a workhorse. I think I will go with it for my first DB.

I have not made it but be sure to check the juice and the craisins to be sure they don't have sorbate in the juice or oil on the craisins. I understand that can be problematic.

Roger, the juice does have some sorbate in it, so I will aerate the juice prior to pitching yeast. I'll add some super-ferment to aid the yeast in its job. The Craisens go in after fermentation starts to supply some body to the wine.

Just pitched the yeast on another Winery Series Super Tuscan. :db Also took the chromatography paper out to dry (this was for the CA Zin). It should be well done by now. If the test confirms that, I'll rack and sulfite today as well.

Latest posts

Back