What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added my remaining lemon, nutrients and energizer to my most recent batch of skeeter pee last night. Should be ready to transfer to a carboy around the 19th...

Ran a few errands, put new wipers on wifey's car, did some label removal on some bottles, got a turkey breast into a Jack Daniel/Maple Syrup brine for tomorrow's dinner. Next up will be butchering a tenderloin into steaks (some of which will be on tonight's dinner plate), decorating the tree, and maybe watching a movie with the fam.

Laundry, got a hair cut. Had labels printed.
Labels wine. Organized wine or holiday give away. Raked roof, spent an hour outside with kids in the snow.
Now having an Irish coffee and watch in "Clue" on Netflix.

SWMBO is on her 4th batch of cookies making my accomplishments pale in comparison
ImageUploadedByWine Making1418498583.196039.jpg

Cleaning the house. Potential buyers coming through tomorrow.
Put up a few Christmas decorations, talked to a couple headhunters yesterday.
Have 3 job interviews lined up for next week.
I think I should start my own commercial winery instead of working for someone else.:fsh

I think I should start my own commercial winery instead of working for someone else.:fsh

Doug, where are you transiting to? and good luck on the sale of your house!

Last edited:
Finished up our Christmas shopping yesterday. Woke up early as I always do on Sundays and managed to get my Reisling and my Cherry racked to clean carboys. Going to work on racking others after church. Friday racked about 60 gallons of Muscadine. I need to stop and get some more half gallon jugs on the way to work tomorrow. I really need to find someone who drinks Riunite. Those 3 liter bottles are really nice to have...oh well, 3 interviews tomorrow, have to wear big boy clothes to work...

Doug, where are you transiting to? and good luck on the sale of your house!
Long story short, we bought a house in Lewes, DE as a second summer home and eventual retirement home. Got laid off 2 weeks before going to settlement, so we are selling the Maryland home and retiring early unless I find another job.

Watching a bad football team play an even worse team. But hey, at least I get to see my Giants.

Good luck on the interviews, although I like the idea of selling the house and retiring early...

Fed the children and got the two of them and their mother out the door to school. Ordered some Wine from Hid-In-Pines Vinyard. Drinking coffee and off to work

One of our traditions at this time of year. Dinner tonight on the Plaza in Santa fe with our BFF's followed by a performance with the Santa fe Desert Chorale at the St. Francis Cathedral. Acoustics are amazing for this!

St-Francis-Basilica-altar-Santa-Fe.jpg

St-Francis.jpg

sanitizing bottles and backsweetening the Cranberry Pomegranate. We are still bottling the Caramel Apple Pie Moonshine in order to distribute at the company Christmas party tonight....

Went to the gym, Home Depot and then cut up a boneless rib roast into nice steaks and vacuum sealed them. Gonna drop off some clothes at Salvation Army, and hopefully do a final acid test/adjustment on my 2013 Petit Sirah.

Going to Millbrook Winery Millbrook, NY tasting/tour then to Charlotte's restaurant in Millbrook for dinner.

Steve

Back