What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taste tested the 2013 Petit Syrah to confirm/deny it is ready for bottling. It's good. pH tested at 3.56. I'm all set to bottle, but realized I need more bottles. :( I'll hit the LHBS tomorrow on the way home from work and should bottle on New Year's Eve. Getting ready to give the new Kettle Pizza a 2nd test run for lunch, then some football. Another nice, relaxing day as the kids continue to work through all their Lego Christmas gifts. The peace and quiet in the house these last few days has been awesome as they've been laser focused on building all this new stuff. :D

Hokapsig stopped over after work for a barrel (aka carboy) tasting. Muscadines are coming along nicely as are the other samples.

Correction, muscadines are coming along GREAT. Beautiful color, nice nose, nice balance. A tad bit of backsweetening and these will be blue ribbon winners....

Bottling the 2013 Amador Petit Sirah. :db I'll also rack the WE LR South African Shiraz Cabernet out of the barrel and put the Monastrell/Petit Verdot in. Then dinner at Ruths Chris and a movie with Mrs. Boatboy and a few friends. Then I'll go to bed and Mrs. Boatboy will wake me up at midnight to watch the ball drop on TV. :D

Last edited:
Sitting quietly with a glass of Red Mountain Cab. Enjoying observing as my two boys are watching (and very interested in) "The Sandlot". A classic movie.

Started to bottle the 2013 Catawba, but had a nasty rotten egg smell, so I will unbottle and stir with a piece of copper bussbar that I will borrow from work.

Getting ready to head to the cellar so I can rack the Pinot Grigio and Mavasia off the Super Kleer. Will likely kmeta and sorbate as well. Have a few other wines that need racking, will take care of those as well.

Racked and stabilized the Super Tuscan early this morning, then had a meeting for my son's basketball league, followed by a little grocery shopping. It's about 35 and rainy here today - just miserable. So I picked up some comfort food for dinner. Doing a roasted chicken with fixings and home made gravy. I'll make some stock this afternoon, so the house should smell great in a couple hours. I may get motivated and bottle the En Primeur Pinot Noir I started in July of 2013. It's been taking it's time coming around. Oh, and there will probably be some football watching involved too.

Today I started my next kit the KenRidge Showcase Amarone style .
Replaced the yeast to Lalvin RC 212 . Plan to use raisins in secondary .:b

I sharpened my knives! (Literally, that is.) We have a set of Asian (15 degree) knives, and my wife bought me a special 15 degree sharpener for Christmas. Finally got a chance to sharpen the knives this evening. They are now nice and very sharp!:try

Taught a CPR/AED class today and we are currently enjoying a D&O Cellars Destiny wine. We will bug Doug for the recipe for this one....

Going to a friend's house to watch the Packers-Cowboys. Go Pack!
Green_Bay_Packers_logo.svg

I have a 7 year old laid up with the flu. As luck would have it, I was planning to make some chicken soup today. Otherwise, laying low, watching some football, and just might start my Shiraz-Viognier.

Wow, what a game!

I have to admit, my reading of that catch by Dez Bryant was that the call should go in favor of the 'Boys. Then the experts and officials started explaing '"acts of football," etc., and I realized I have no f'ing idea of the minutiae of the rules! Anyway, glad to have gotten out of there with a win, on to Seattle! :tz

You interpret this:

NFL RULEBOOK

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3

Item 1: Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Latest posts

Back