What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scored in wine kits for my brother's wedding! Cellar Craft Sterling Cabernet was on clearance at the LHBS for $51! We really like this wine and I've got just enough time to age it before next summer.

Also brought in our Christmas trees from the snow to thaw out. I may have gone slightly overboard with the big tree...the little guy that we hang from the ceiling is perfect though :)

IMG_20141128_235831 (1).jpg

That tree looks awesome Raylene.

I finished decorating our tree and got most of the house ornaments done today.
Have to say "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"

Didn't get my tree up but got all my other decorations up, I'll set up the tree tomorrow, go to my granddaughter's 1st birthday I the afternoon and my husband and I will decorate when we get home.

Racked the Green Apple Riesling, Cranberry Pomegranate and Orange Pineapple Muscato. Bottled a 5 gallon batch of Skeeter Pee and have another one fermenting.....

Didn't get my tree up but got all my other decorations up, I'll set up the tree tomorrow, go to my granddaughter's 1st birthday I the afternoon and my husband and I will decorate when we get home.

Does your husband help you with the tree decorating? My kids used to help with it but since the youngest moved out a few years back I've had to do it myself. In fact, hubby here doesn't help with any of the indoor decorating.
(and very little outdoor this year ;) )

I put the lights and garland on and he helps with the ornaments. LOL, I quite decorating outside a couple of years ago.

Yesterday I cleaned a sink full of bottles and got them packed up in empty cases. Have another sink full waiting. I did start a batch of Original Skeeter Pee on Friday evening. I figured I needed to get started on the Pee for summer. I think this, a batch of Cranberry Lime and one other should do for summer. I have 3 grown children who love the stuff.

Racking and stabilizing the Amador Old Vine Zin. And since it'll be 60 degrees this afternoon, I'll give the lawn one last mow and put up the outdoor decorations.

We will be returning the girl back to college, and the boy and I have to fix the siding from the recent windstorm. If time permits, I need to do my backsweetening on the Cranberry Pomegranate and bench test the Pineapple Orange Muscato.

working on the basement to arrange for the wine tanks to show up. lots of cleaning and going through stuff....

Picking up some new VC tanks this morning. Just in time. I have 150 gallons of wine just finishing in the primary ready to go into them.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

It will be above freezing today, so the missus and I are planning to go on a long walk. Maybe at a state park, maybe on the Ice Age Trail.

Later, I plan to rack my Amarone di Beppe into secondary and apply Joeswine's tweaks! (Tannins and currants.)

Did the Mrs change her mind?

She's begrudgingly accepting her fate. Besides, I'm cleaning out the basement so I'm earning a few points. I was told this will be my Christmas, birthday, anniversary and father's day presents for the next decade.

It's quite evident then that she is not aware of the fact with all those tanks in your basement you will not be able to live in your house during fermentation.

Bottled a small batch of Blueberry and Black Currant, racked 6 other batches, busy day so far.

Bad news: Youngest woke up with a bit of a stomach bug. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the 6 Oreos, candy, gum and cake he ate while we were out at a friend's house last night. :re I think that's the last time he'll gorge on sweets without asking Mom and Dad first. Older brother asked and had more controlled amounts - he's fine today. Go figure. As a result, we couldn't go to church and have lunch with friends at a local brew pub, like we planned.

Good news: we are home instead of running around. I racked and stabilized 11 gallons of OVZ (Amador Gold grapes), racked 6 gallons of Viognier (Chilean juice bucket) and 6 gallons of RJS Winery Series Super Tuscan (from primary to secondary). I also topped up the barrels and did a fair amount of QA sampling in the process. I'm thrilled with everything I sampled, with the possible exception of the Zin. It is a little thin, which may be due to the super high SG and my having to dilute with acidulated water. Otherwise, the flavors are great. I'm tempted to save off a gallon of last year's Amador Petit Sirah (which I'll bottle in the next week or two) and blend it with the Zin.

Last edited:
Back