What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racked my Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Muscato from L'uva Bella juice buckets. Racked my RJS Coffee Port and added the Finishing Blend.

Going to go down in a few and bptle the Black Currant White Merlot and the Riesling, and possibly one more.

Added the yeast to my crushed sloes that have been sitting mulching a day or two.

Took readings for the elderberry, hips and haws, and rosehip - still not sure what info I'm getting but they're all coming in at somewhere between 0.998 - 0.992.

And I'm drinking a glass of the Cabernet Sauvignon kit wine which is the first one I made - started it around September - and it's not bad at all for a first attempt. Thin but good taste and plenty of alcohol!

Today is our Christmas luncheon for work. Brought in a bottle of store bought, a bottle of my Strawberry and a bottle of Jalepeno Pepper wine for the grab bag gift.

Off work from now until next Thursday the 22nd. Dropped the truck off for state inspection and tires. Heading to the cellar shortly to see what needs racked over the next week. My 4 y/o is home with me today since she was sick again throughout the night. Poor thing, can't stand it when she doesn't feel well.

I'm still around. Just haven't been making wine lately because we're trying to buy a house and it will be a challenge to move what we have already. I've made some tasty beers though. We're letting our stocks run low.
Saturday me and Kat are seeing a house we like along with our contractor. Hopefully this one is workable and we can move out of the in law suite.
I'll have the perfect place for a wine cellar. :) And a whole room for my wine making and canning/preserving hobbies.

Just made a huge order for George. The last amount of money from selling my beer brewing system and this will be the last amonut of money I spend on wine for quite some time. Other then that I dropped a stair rail on my middle and smaller toe at work today and believe I broke them both. They are both purple, red and blue already!!!

you don't think he might be one of those types that like to do stuff to cause pain do you?? I've heard about them they can be all normal about everything else only every time they turn around they do something to hurt themselves......j/k I know how you feel Wade seems like ever time i turn around something has either just stopped killing me or is just starting to kill me it's kinda damned if you do damned if you don't

Starting this morning my house will get back to normal, my daughter was able to come home for a week but left this morning. We had a great time but it seemed to go so quickly but it was great that they were able to come back at Christmastime even thou they won't be here for Christmas day.

So far the Candy Cane wine has been a huge hit.

You sound like one of the boys here Wade. Every day he comes home from construction work, he has new band-aides on. I swear he is held together with them.
What the heck were you doing lifting those stairs anyways- that's for the younger guys with better backs.

Wade, Take care of yourself, I know broken toes hurt real bad. Tape the toes together, that's all they would do at the doctors.

Going to be a busy day of running around today with my daughter. We need to take a dog to the humane society. After that we will go to JoAnn Fabrics for some material so that we can make a blanket for Olesia. She said she wanter her own since Andrea won't share hers at night. Have to pick up a flooring nailer and then go drop of wine from Kavic Winery to our local Police Officers. I dropped off the Admin staff's yesterday.

I may try to rack and stabilize the red muscadine today and possibly filter the Malvasia and J Reisling.

Pitched yeast on my Cellar Craft White Zin. Cleaned up my wine room and am going out to the garage for the afternoon. I will have minimum 18 gallons to bottle come spring, and my racks are full with 2 boxes on the floor. Today I will start to build another rack and am going to make some kind of holder/stand for all my wine making tools and small equiptment.

Making Stollen... into rolls today, then some mint oreo truffles for the college girl to get through finals this week. I have 2 new wines started as of this morning... so something to watch and smell for a few days!
I'm trying a new recipe tonight... pizza rolls. Sounds delish and simple.
We bottled Niag-a-Rita yesterday... man, that stuff is good!

Debbie

Back