What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a room and contents fire just as I was getting out of the shower this am in the borough, was late getting off to work. Sat in traffic for 15 minutes less than 1 1/2 miles from my house so I called my boss and changed the plan to work from home today rather than sitting in traffic at 8:15 this am. I don't know how people can do that everyday and not lose their minds. I'm glad I start work at 6:30 am. No traffic coming home or going to work.

Promoted from forklift driver to maintenance department. Started the new job yesterday. Feels good to be turning wrenches again. Will feel even better when I see the difference in the paycheck. The pay raise will mean I can pay the bills again.

Congratulations on the promo!!!:br

spent all day yesterday finishing up a riesling blend and sterile filtered it for bottling today. Today ive been working on a muscat blend and sterile filtering it right now. on to the marribelle plum tomorrow.

I started the Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee today. Sure hope it turns out well. SG was 1.074. I'll pitch the yeast tomorrow after work. Last night I transferred my Original Skeeter Pee into the carboy. I figure about 2 weeks I'll rack, stabilize and backsweeten as per instructions. Sparkoloid will commence at that time. I don't think it will be ready for the May get together, but it will be ready for my birthday in June and the Cranberry Lime Pee will be ready by the 4th of July.

Looks like another round of storms is getting ready to come through. I really hope the Borough Council meeting tonight is a quick one and that we don't get called out on any fire calls this evening. I'm really looking forward to a glass of wine after the meeting.

Looks like another round of storms is getting ready to come through. I really hope the Borough Council meeting tonight is a quick one and that we don't get called out on any fire calls this evening. I'm really looking forward to a glass of wine after the meeting.

Well, I hope so too Doug cuz I am currently enjoying a glass of catawaba, OMG is this good.

Having a couple of fellow homebrewers over to lift weights.

That being 12-16oz ones. :)

Congrats on the new job RedneckWino!
Last night I ordered a canning kit from Amazon. Also bought a cheese making kit. The kit says I can make 35 pounds of farm cheedar.

Congrats on the new job RedneckWino!
Last night I ordered a canning kit from Amazon. Also bought a cheese making kit. The kit says I can make 35 pounds of farm cheedar.

I got a cheese making kit and made some mozza cheese it turned out pretty good but I have not made anything since, need to.

Are you going to do some canning? If you have any questions you know you can pm me, I grew up canning. You have no idea the things my mother would can.

Last edited:
Good one Mike :)
Thanks Julie. I'll be sending you a PM about canning around harvest time. We plan to cut our grocery bill in 1/2 this summer and winter.
Bought a pot with a 7 jar rack to do that low temp water bath style canning. Looking to get a pressure canner before harvest time.
Give me a shout out when the hops start going. :) I'm ready to grow things.
Really glad I didn't plant anything that had leaves on it yet. had hail today and the weatherman is calling for snow on Sunday. Yuck!

Thanks all. Been a couple of good days. Today the company surprised me with a benefits package. This job keeps getting better. Thank the Lord.
Tonight we are enjoying some blackberry that was started back in august. Wow does that go down smooth. For some reason the son (10 months old) thinks he has to drink from dad's glass always. He conned me out of a finger tip taste and is now mad he can't have more.

Congrats RedNeckWino. Nothing like a raise in this economy! Im still waiting to get the other 1/2 of my 105 that they took away from us about 1 1/2 years ago and some vacations back. On a good note the boss cut all the insurance way down of which I dont have (Get it through where my wife works cause our companies is garbage) and he went to the doctor yesterday and doc sent him for a cat scan and the insurance denied him! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! While he's rolling around in 2 BMW's and a 6500 square ft house for just him and his wife! His wife has a Mercedes SUV.

Wade, your boss sounds like he needs to get a better plan for the company. Karma is a b!tch. Serves him right.

I went to "beer class" today at my homebrew shop... AAAAAND... It looks like after the next few batches of wine are started, i'll be making beer... probably an IPA...

I'm kinda excited... lol

I went to "beer class" today at my homebrew shop... AAAAAND... It looks like after the next few batches of wine are started, i'll be making beer... probably an IPA...

I'm kinda excited... lol

Last Friday I watched my neighbor make a ipa. It was easier than the kits. It's already finished fermenting. Tomorrow he'll bottle it.

This stuff is soooo cool.

Latest posts

Back