What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, What are you and Dan picking up?
I suggest to get a lug of grapes and add to the juice.

Just got back and i was the first one to get Chilean Juice this year! I got Carmenere, Malbec, Red Zinfandel, Muscato and Pinot Grigio. They get about 15-20 extra buckets of each kind so I was able to get the Malbec even though I didn't order it. They get another dilivery in mid April.

Did U get Oak as well?
get any grapes to go with the reds?

I still have the Chilean aging from last year. I added 2#' of raisins to each red + 2C of met oak after secondary.
MLF on all reds

Been back, I bought 4 buckets, Muscato, Sauvignon Blanc, Malbec & Reisling. Got in the laundry room warming up.

Had a good time, it was nice meeting Dan for lunch. Got to meet the genetlman who makes the wine, Joey, and I will definitely be buying my buckets from here for now on. Joey was a wealth of information and :) he takes the work out making wine for you.

Got the raisins from Sams. Added 2# to ea red in the primaryNO whites.

U gonna MLF?

Really wish there was a provider of wine juices here locally.

Running wolf what brand name of chilean juice did you get allready? Chilean grapes and juice here in ct. don't arive until the 1st week in may.
carmine

Been teaching Tristen about gardening and growing plants. We started our turnip seeds today. We have enough seeds in every packet for just about two crops.
Nothing in primary yet. Carboys are full and resting. After the gardening gets done, it will be time to obtain, delabel and clean bottles.

Just bottled my concord and started a batch of apple. I have some grolsch beer bottles with swing caps... Currently enjoying the overflow that wouldn't fit in regular wine bottles. Not too shabby.

Heading to Pittsburgh's Strip District (shopping and produce markets) in the morning. Need to pick up a couple of carboys and a few other things.

Heading to Pittsburgh's Strip District (shopping and produce markets) in the morning. Need to pick up a couple of carboys and a few other things.

Mike,
What were the "other things" in the STRIP DISTRICT you "picked up"?
LOL.. What a funny name for a food district

Going to filter and bottle my Chard, sweeten my Black Currant and rack, and probably rack some others like the Chocolate Raspberry Port.

Tom, Let your mind conjure up images. When we first moved here a buddy of mine said he wanted to take meto the Strip District on Saturday morning---with our wives---you can imagine what was going through my mind!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back