What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I am reading your post my wife stops by and reads it. She says You need to get a wife! She says to try wd40.
Man am I lucky:r

ROFLMAO!!!! Sorry but I've got a wife of 34 years. I don't know what I would do with another one and don't think she would allow it. Hey honey, can I.......

LOL

ROFLMAO!!!! Sorry but I've got a wife of 34 years. I don't know what I would do with another one and don't think she would allow it. Hey honey, can I.......get you to get me that can of WD40 I can't get up..................LOL
David you know you should be careful she can hurt you, you know??

Just took all my scrap metal into the recycler. Now it's time to talk to a man about a horse...oh wait, I think I mean a man about a pump

He's still looking for a horse just not ONE horse. It may be only 1/8th of a Horse(power) motor.

Maybe Ill sell him the horse. When it dies he can use it for glue for the labels!!!! LOL

oh man have I been busy!!! I started my LAST CLASS for my Associates yesterday!!! 5 more weeks and i got me a pretty piece of paper!!!

we went out and bought Kayaks over the weekend, i can not wait to get out n use em, needs to warm up SOON!

missed everyone!!

Congrats on the last class jeepingchick that is super! Education is always good. What is your major??

Just got home from from and the allergy doctor. Two shots again today.
Been reading a lot of books about Homesteading and Urban Homesteading. Many tips for maximizing your space to grow your own food.
Plans for this weekend are to build two 4 foot by 8 foot by 16 inch high raised garden beds. We plan on having plenty to eat and plenty to ferment this year.

Dan my neighbor lady had a bunch of those made but made them twice as high so she wouldn't have to bend over so much (not a pretty site). They work very well when you keep them up. Do you have access to some good top soil and maybe some cow manurer to fill them up? It will take a fair amount.

Been reading a lot of books about Homesteading and Urban Homesteading. Many tips for maximizing your space to grow your own food.
Plans for this weekend are to build two 4 foot by 8 foot by 16 inch high raised garden beds. We plan on having plenty to eat and plenty to ferment this year.

plant green beans, roma tomatoes, peppers, you would have no idea how much you get from these products and learn to pressure can your green beens and can your tomatoes.

plant green beans, roma tomatoes, peppers, you would have no idea how much you get from these products and learn to pressure can your green beens and can your tomatoes.

I agree with julie. Peas should have been planted already. The best ones are the one that get snowed on at least once. Then plant a new row every couple of weeks so you have them all summer. Tomatoes and peppers do excellent also. I don't believe in planting corn because of the space it takes up and its for sale cheap on every street corner. I have thornless black berries and they sread pretty quick and you get a nice crop. Black berries also cost a small fortune to buy at a fruit stand.

Just finished my second raised bed. We are eating squash, bell peppers, green onions, and swiss chard from the first one. Tomatos are about two feet tall and beginning to set. Its fun to watch everything grow and gives me something else to do beside fish and play golf and make wine. Good luck. Loren

I agree with julie. Peas should have been planted already. The best ones are the one that get snowed on at least once. Then plant a new row every couple of weeks so you have them all summer. Tomatoes and peppers do excellent also. I don't believe in planting corn because of the space it takes up and its for sale cheap on every street corner. I have thornless black berries and they sread pretty quick and you get a nice crop. Black berries also cost a small fortune to buy at a fruit stand.

Be careful what you ask for.

Last of my lettuce just recently died (does that when daytime temps get up into 70's), but my tomato plants are about 12" tall. Bell/banana/jalapeno peppers, eggplant, cantalope, cucumbers, yellow squash, collards and whatever else I'm forgetting all doing well. We also started using raised beds about 20 yrs ago, now have eight 4'x12' beds, produce a lot of fresh veggies. We can harvest something from the garden almost year-round.

Really got into the recently kegged Raspberry Skeeter Pee.
The neighbor, my wife and i each had a couple glasses this evening.

Here's a pic of the first glass off the keg from this past weekend.
picture.php

Promoted from forklift driver to maintenance department. Started the new job yesterday. Feels good to be turning wrenches again. Will feel even better when I see the difference in the paycheck. The pay raise will mean I can pay the bills again.

Latest posts

Back