What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cleaned about 10" out of my driveway . Its the heavy pelletized stuff thats coming down. Its drifting like crazy too as the snow is blowing side ways instead of straight down. Very windy! Hopefully I'll it won't be as bad this afternoon when I hit it a second time and that'll be it.
I feel for you Dan. I don't envy you having that much snow. On the bright side, Phil did see his shadow so Spring should be right around the corner.

getting our beer trailer setup and will be hauling it up to grand rapids tonight for the michigan winter beer festival tomorrow. The trailer holds 6 kegs and has 5 taps on the outside.

Well now since i'm off work today I had lunch with my youngest son. Went for a motorcycle ride. A bit chilly but it was still a ride. Then added the F-pack and clearing agent to my Raspberry Chocolate Port and put it away for two weeks to clear.

Still recovering from the allergy testing. Only 1 item on the list that I'm NOT allergic to so far.
Currently in my office finishing up some paperwork. Ready for the weekend and a nap.

Still recovering from the allergy testing. Only 1 item on the list that I'm NOT allergic to so far.
Currently in my office finishing up some paperwork. Ready for the weekend and a nap.

I hope that 1 item is grapes!

That reallys sucks. My wife and son-in-law have several allergies. Are you going to try the treatments for them? Good luck!

Thanks for the well wishes. I ended up getting 34 skin test injections. The only thing I'm not allergic to so far is non seasonal mold.
I'm going to be getting allergy shots to help. Also had a CT scan of the sinuses to make sure that everything is ok there too.
The doc said within a year I'll be like a new man. Even though he said there isnt much he can do for the shell fish allergy.
I'm still good with my wine and beer though.
Plans for tonight include racking the cabernet sauvignon off the gross lees and maybe racking the pinapple as well.

Dan,

I think you are going to have to change your user name from Xanier82 to Bubbleboy82. :h

Haha nah. I'm a tough one. Besides, I'd try to turn the bubble into a fermenter.
Also, Just bought a new Amazon Kindle. Got one for Kat for her birthday and played around with it. Decided to get one for myself too.
Last night I bought Kat's wedding band and she bought mine. It's not too gaudy and it's reasonably comfortable which makes me happy.

Haha nah. I'm a tough one. Besides, I'd try to turn the bubble into a fermenter.
Also, Just bought a new Amazon Kindle. Got one for Kat for her birthday and played around with it. Decided to get one for myself too.
Last night I bought Kat's wedding band and she bought mine. It's not too gaudy and it's reasonably comfortable which makes me happy.

Hey, I just bought a Kindle also, I'm really liking it.

Have spent the entire day sitting in my easy chair doing searches on the internet and drinking muscadine wine (stated at 12 at the advice of Sirs! LOL)

Trying to find out more about a nickel Chief Special I scored this week. It's a Smith and Wesson mod 37 Airweight in 38 spl. built on the J frame. Has only been fired 3 times (one at the factory and two by the guy I bought it from) and is in like new condition. Previous owner can't remember when he bought it and doesn't have any papers with it. The guy is totally legit, just old and fragile. I was trying to date it and also determine if it can handle + P or if I should just use standard rounds. Anyone know how to determine the age of a gun by the serial number? :a1

I recently bought a used Smith, Model 36, 38 spec. I could never find a definitive answer as to whether I could shoot +P rounds through it. You could probably check with S&W. Based on the serial number, they should be able to answer your question. I didn't go that route.
Mike

Have spent the entire day sitting in my easy chair doing searches on the internet and drinking muscadine wine (stated at 12 at the advice of Sirs! LOL)

Trying to find out more about a nickel Chief Special I scored this week. It's a Smith and Wesson mod 37 Airweight in 38 spl. built on the J frame. Has only been fired 3 times (one at the factory and two by the guy I bought it from) and is in like new condition. Previous owner can't remember when he bought it and doesn't have any papers with it. The guy is totally legit, just old and fragile. I was trying to date it and also determine if it can handle + P or if I should just use standard rounds. Anyone know how to determine the age of a gun by the serial number? :a1

I personally would not shoot +P through it. That's just me though. Most likely it was not rated for them when originally built.

Me, just got home from our annual Fire Department banquet. Good time. Having a glass of Chabis now then off to bed. Suppose to go help my son at his hout tomorrow but he was making plans to go out so most likely won't be helping him til after noon if at all. Oh well.

I started my Blueberry Pomegranate today based on Djrockinsteve's recipe. I'll pitch yeast tomorrow AM and see where this takes me. Have just under 7 gallons of must, hoping for 6 gallons of finished wine. Have 20 more cans of frozen juice in the freezer for the next batch.

Just helped my son and his friends get packed up for a short ski trip to Western N.Y.

It must be Spring officially as we have 60 MPH winds howling outside ATM........

Nice and warm but wiiiiiinnnnnnnnddddddyyyyyyyyy.................

Latest posts

Back