What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At work at my main job. Took the clients to see the new Shrek movie.
Off at 8 will check on the merlot.
Love the way a wine starts moving and swirling on it's own while fermenting.

What was the new Shrek movie like?

Made 7 pies last night (3 key lime and 4 peanut butter). Today My wife and I continued to help our friends add rock walls to there water garden. Stacked about 2 tons and have a long ways to go yet. <yawn> ready for bed!:gn

Made 7 pies last night (3 key lime and 4 peanut butter). Today My wife and I continued to help our friends add rock walls to there water garden. Stacked about 2 tons and have a long ways to go yet. <yawn> ready for bed!:gn
Ready for BED or ready for Wine? LOL :r

Ready for BED or ready for Wine? LOL :r

Ribs for dinner, piece of each of the pies and wine through out the evening..I'm whooped!!!

Tomorrow another picnic at home, plant some more flowers and maybe do some racking. Our drive always looks like a nursery, cause my wife is alwys picking up new stuff or splitting and trading. I'll post as more things come in bloom.

I know what it like. 2 weeks ago I got a 2,000#'s of river rock to put around my Koi pond and in the flower "beds".

NOW, Why do they call it a "flower bed"? I thought they should call it the "BLOOM" bed. After all thats where flowers bloom and not where flowers SLEEP.

Last edited:
Working !!! Day 3 one more after is one I know it won't be slow as last Sunday .

Sunday I slow cooked a Beef Brisket. I smoked it for 12+
hours.

Last night we had friends over and I cooked steaks out on the grill. Today we're going to the lake to collect river rocks for the bottom of the pond we're helping to build.

Yesterday had a small community parade in the neighboring community. Went for a nice relaxing 60 mile ride on the bike. Today we have our annual Memorial Day Parade and service in our area. That starts at 11:00 so we'll be leaving the station for line up around 10:30. May try to sneak in another ride today.

yesterday we had a wonderful BBQ! hubby smoked a brisket as well (MMMMMMMM) he smoked his low n slow for 23 hrs and it was so wonderful! my fav dish by far! we had some friends over popped open his peach ale and got out the guns LOL! it was a blast, hope to have a few more Qs this summer i love them so much!!!
happy memorial day everyone!

I'm planting the garden today. Had planned to skip the veggie patch this year but the missus was rather set on it. Tilled in the last of the compost this AM. Will plant this evening after it cools off.

Yesterday the tractor ran out of gas while I was mowing. I went down by the pond last night after dark to gas it up and bring it back. Spooked a bear away from it. Wish I had a flashlight. Couldn't see it. All I heard was a cough and then it ran.

Just going to fire up the grill and relax, hade a very stressful week and this week will be brutal as far as a workload so Im enjoying what little time I have left before it all hits the fan!

Boy My attempt at bottling my sparkling wine was a bust. Im getting my but handed to me on a platter!! I tried the cheep counter pressure filler last night. I got my bottle 1/2 full before it blew the cork. everything instantly went to foam. I looked like the stay puff marshmallow man. I know that I need to get the wine down to 27F to retain the co2 in solution. but I believe Im having a prob with turbulence in my valve. How du you guys bottle force carbed beverages?

Boy My attempt at bottling my sparkling wine was a bust. Im getting my but handed to me on a platter!! I tried the cheep counter pressure filler last night. I got my bottle 1/2 full before it blew the cork. everything instantly went to foam. I looked like the stay puff marshmallow man. I know that I need to get the wine down to 27F to retain the co2 in solution. but I believe Im having a prob with turbulence in my valve. How du you guys bottle force carbed beverages?

I have my brothers and cousins over my brothers are firing up the grill an
my brother took out the skeeter pee every body likes it nice job rock
carmine

Just going to fire up the grill and relax, hade a very stressful week and this week will be brutal as far as a workload so Im enjoying what little time I have left before it all hits the fan!

Yes Wade please relax and stay cool. We would not want you to catch a virus going into the work week. :)

Just bought a new hard drive and installed it and loaded windows on my desktop and thats all set now so all back in business. Its amazing how much hard drives have come down and how big they have gotten. I seen a 2TB for $199

Just droped off my Mom back home (had her here for the weekend). Tonight I may start MLF on my Chilean juices.

just putting the crockpot on and the breadmakers..

turkey casserole for a change.

Cokked shiskabobs on the grill with our family. Nice quiet relaxing day. Cracked open a bottle of the Tropical Breeze, it's only 4 months old but it was very refreshing. We will be making another batch of this in the future.

Latest posts

Back