What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6082.JPG IMG_6087.JPG
And to top the day off, Mrs Boatboy and I met up with a couple of my dearest friends at a new (but gigantic) local brewery.

I assume you went to 2 Silos. Haven't been there yet but it seems they do it up right. Glad you had a good time.

Yep, 2 Silos. Our second time there - first was opening weekend and it was mobbed. I'm anxious for the restaurant to open in the barn. I'm still shaking my head. I watched that land for years, as it is less than 3 miles from our old house. Always knew someone would take that barn and those silos and do something great with it.

Last edited:
Honoring our veterans tomorrow and helping out with Wreaths Across America at Arlington National Cemetery. Early to bed, early to rise.

... Early to bed, early to rise.
Are you healthy, wealthy and wise today?

Making some cookies for a lunch we'll have after church tomorrow. The kids are putting on a play for the service (it's actually the whole service) and we are to supply some cookies. Also getting grain ground, yeast starters started, water pre-boiled, etc to make a batch of beer tomorrow. Should be fun, hope it is like riding a bike and I don't forget how to make an all grain batch!

Last edited:
Another outing with the Cub Scouts today - headed down to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.

Another outing with the Cub Scouts today - headed down to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.

Is this you and the Den Mother?

ap_173195939032751-e1510775342883.jpg

Taking a certification exam today. Then off to Costco for the Christmas tenderloin, along with picking up a few gifts at other places. Then I'm on vacation for the rest of the year.

I hear these are quite tasty........

View attachment 45438

Wow, I don't believe I have ever paid any where near to $83/lb for beef and I have had some really, really good beef. Now Rib Eye is just about my favorite cut of steak, but even at that. I think I would have to pass.

Leaving in about half an hour to make the short (1.5 hour one way) trek to pick up my eldest Son at BWI, his flight is due in around 10:57 am this morning. Yikes, just checked and his flight just departed and they are expecting it to arrive at 10:38 am ... time to pack up and go get some gas, though I should wait to fill up, it's cheaper in Maryland. He'll have to return to Sheppard AFB New Years Day, so I nice lengthy stay that we are all excited about.

Leaving in about half an hour to make the short (1.5 hour one way) trek to pick up my eldest Son at BWI, his flight is due in around 10:57 am this morning. Yikes, just checked and his flight just departed and they are expecting it to arrive at 10:38 am ... time to pack up and go get some gas, though I should wait to fill up, it's cheaper in Maryland. He'll have to return to Sheppard AFB New Years Day, so I nice lengthy stay that we are all excited about.

I'm sure the whole family is excited. Enjoy your time together!

Back