What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new adventure unfolds. Two weeks ago, I retired from Ga Dept of Corrections after 30 years of service. I've enjoyed my 2 week retirement [emoji3] and will be starting another full time job tomorrow morning. Completely different work with all new people. Let's see what happens.

Congrats on the retirement and good luck on the new job!!!

Holiday horse and carriage rides through the neighborhood this morning. 32 degrees and snowing - perfect weather to get into the holiday groove.

Carriage. Buggy. I dunno. Here's what we were in. It can seat 10+ people.
I was about to ask if they had a designated pooper scooper person, but now I see the proactive solution hanging on the back end (the horses, not your dudes).

I like your youngests' hat/beard combo. I could go clean shaven if I had that (I maintain the beard for warmth in the winter, laziness in the summer).

Last edited:
Coolest kids hat/facewarmer EVER!
If the top was red, and the bottom (beard/face warmer) white, I'd buy one!

If it had eight strands at the bottom, he'd resemble an octopus that likes to ski.

Okay, time for me to go and compensate for a crooked trunk. The youngest is getting restless for "her" fresh cut tree. Maybe I should make her pay for it if it is her tree? (Actually same as last year, $40, not too shabby, though that would be a nice case of beer or a bottle of a decent wine).

Last edited:
Coolest kids hat/facewarmer EVER!

He's always complaining his face is cold. I said "I'll take care of that". :D

Plenty of options @ Amazon. Search for 'beard face mask'.

51uDdkpc0XL._AC_US218_.jpg

Got done setting up the crooked tree and decorating it. My daughter Facetimed my oldest in Wichita Falls to try and include him. My wife has vibes that he's really missing home. I listen to those as she's never been far off. I get to pick him up at BWI two Fridays from now, really looking forward to it. He gave me a "tour" of his room. The highlight was the locker that his roomy has locked with snacks in it. I guess if you don't do that, others will come in the room and pilfer the snacks when the room is unoccupied.

12-9-17_Nick.jpg

The tree is up, lights on, and decorated. My jobs are done for the holidays, other than preparing wines for visits, maybe bottling a few, and cooking meals (especially for my oldest when he gets home). So far we have an eye round roast to be done on the grill, chicken parm, beef stew, grilled salmon and fried chicken fingers and tilapia. Oh and "real" eggs, he doesn't appreciate the powdered ones.

12-9-17_tree-1.jpg 12-9-17_tree-2.jpg 12-9-17_tree-3.jpg

Due to the weather, a lot of our activities were cancelled yesterday. But not the most fun ones. As noted earlier, we did horse and carriage rides through the neighborhood in the snow. Our HOA puts this on every year and along with the weather, it was a great way to get our holiday on - to start. After that we got two trees up and decorated. And to top the day off, Mrs Boatboy and I met up with a couple of my dearest friends at a new (but gigantic) local brewery. Live music and great beers. A huge outdoor area full of fire pits, heaters and, you guessed it: igloos. These aren't much more than clear plastic domes, but what fun we had. Nice heater in there and each comes with wait staff assigned. We ate, drank and laughed in the comfort of our igloo while the snow finally tapered off. A wonderful winter day.

This afternoon, Dad's coming over and we're going to do some blending trials on the 2016 Lanza wines. Bottling over the holidays.

Latest posts

Back