What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of finding rocks and such... The boyfriend was out in the yard trying to start our garden and kept striking rocks... BIG rocks... Here they're old barn type foundation stones in the ground from a long forgotten house or something from back in the day... Needless to say there are a LOT of those rocks out there and the garden has taken another "direction"

:) :) :)

My yard is full of rocks also as this whole turn is basically a swamp and is all fill.

Spent the day removing caulking, prepping, cleaning, cleaning 1/3rd of the way into running the caulking I run out. AHHHH tomorrow I guess. Was hoping to make it a one day project so I could get back to the garden.

heck doug, im too old to READ all that!!! man ur a glutton for punishment huh!!

It was a mere 11,700 lbs of pavers that were moved. Sad thing I get to touch them all again at least one more time over the course of the next week. I'm paying for it today and Advil is not helping much. It will be worth it in the end, we will have a nice area to sit and enjoy a glass of wine. :h

Today I am off after a rough week, or maybe weird week at work. Monday morning the superintendent calls me and the PR/BRD Sec into his office. He shows me this picture frame he bought for $3 that he wants me to buy so we can put the board members picture in them. He also tells us he wants the past superintendent's pictures to be moved to a different wall. Well it took about an hour for Jason and I to explain to him those frames are too tacky we need better ones. Then I spend the afternoon researching where we bought the past superintendent's frames. Tuesday I find the company and they tell me they cost $105, well the superintendent has a heart attack on that cost and says no. So now Jason and I drop everything we are doing and spend Tuesday afternoon our shopping for picture frames because we have to have this done by Friday. We find them, I buy what we need and head back to the office. By now it is at the end of the day so I clean up my desk and go home. Wednesday morning Jason and I call in maintenance and spend another half hour figuring out where everything is to go. So around 11 Jason and I go in to see the superintendent and tell him that we got everything done and all pictures will be hung in the appropiate places by Friday afternoon. He looks at us and says "I hate to bust your bubble but the board president does not want the board pictures hung on the wall and since this is the second time she told me this I don't think we should." We walked out of his office, around the corner, I fall against the wall with my finger pointed to my head and thumb moving as if I am pulling the trigger and Jason falls on the floor, legs bent, knees in the air with his hands around his throat. The assistant superintendent walks around the corner sees us and says with a smile "Ah you guys just came out of Frank's office" and walks past us. I looked at Jason and said "I'm taking Friday off." So I did.

Enjoy your day off Julie . Today hubby and me are going to Halifax to see if I can find some sneakers for and to see if I can find a pair shoes for work that I can wear that won't make my feet hurt so bad . While we're there we should check out the wine store maybe buy a new kit . But before we go I we need to wait to see if our son's parcel is coming in the mail today ,I don't know why the post office gives you tracking numbers if they aren't going to scan it so a person can track it :po .

...We walked out of his office, around the corner, I fall against the wall with my finger pointed to my head and thumb moving as if I am pulling the trigger and Jason falls on the floor, legs bent, knees in the air with his hands around his throat. The assistant superintendent walks around the corner sees us and says with a smile "Ah you guys just came out of Frank's office" and walks past us. I looked at Jason and said "I'm taking Friday off." So I did.

:) :) :)

I would have probably been banging my head against that wall...

Enjoy your day off Julie . Today hubby and me are going to Halifax to see if I can find some sneakers for and to see if I can find a pair shoes for work that I can wear that won't make my feet hurt so bad . While we're there we should check out the wine store maybe buy a new kit . But before we go I we need to wait to see if our son's parcel is coming in the mail today ,I don't know why the post office gives you tracking numbers if they aren't going to scan it so a person can track it :po .

I'm also awaiting the arrival of a parcel... Only mine is coming via UPS!

Probably won't be here until 5 tonight with my luck... ugh! Anticipation!!!

Well I think I am going to go shopping ............... for myself, WooHoo and then Fieldhouse for dinner and drinks :h

Today is my second day off in a row. (Retail Management so that's almost never the case).

I'd have mentioned it yesterday but didn't want to jinx it. Last time I mentioned this the night closer called out sick and I was the only one who could cover. (I'm really pushing it by even posting this so wish me luck).

Today we'll head over to New Hampshire for some tax free shopping....it's only 30 minutes away for us. We'll grab some sushi for lunch at a teriffic Japanese steak house.

Later we're off to a friends house for dinner....we're bringing store bought wine and sangria that we're going to make out of one of our Orchard Breezin kits that is really sweet.

We've been instructed to bring the bathing suits as Hot Tubbin' is on the agenda.

In Williamsburg VA today... Going to the Williamsburg Winery, and then Williamsburg Alewerks.. Forecast is for 92F today!! Lot better than the 48F and rain at home. Got here in just under 8 hours last night, not much traffic at all.. Looking forward to the tours today! Anyone ever see My Cousin Vinny?? Remember the hotel he stayed at where the train went thru every night at 5:00am?? Yeah, pretty much the same as the hotel we are in.. We are at a Country Inn & Suites, and 2 freight trains woke us up last night!! One about 2:00am and the other about 3:00am.

Vinny Gambini: Does that freight train come through here at 5:00 A.M. every morning?
Hotel Clerk: No, sir, it's very unusual.

Vinny Gambini: [the next day, after Vinny was awakened by the train] Yesterday you told me that freight train hardly ever comes through here at 5:00 A.M. in the morning.
Hotel Clerk: I know. She's supposed to come through at ten after 4:00.

:slp

Made three trips to Agway this morning for mulch. Put down six yards worth. Gardens are about 1/3 done now. Also cut the grass and spread an insecticide on the lawn and in the gardens. Finished just in time for the rain!We need it pretty bad here. Calling for the sn** word for this weekend. That would suck but its a lot better than a killer frost.

Packing up my tools in the car in a bit for a full days side job tomorrow which will give me enough money to buy my Barley crusher and Beersmith. :h That should be my last investment for brewing beer besides supplies!

Have you made this kit before ? We did & really liked it .

Nope. First time and looking forward to it. I asked for something fruity and not a lot of sweet, and it was recommended by someone at the online store. Supposedly very popular, but glad to hear your recommendation anyways.:b

steve

I just got back from my side job and should have charged my wifes friend a lot more! I did 2 other floors in her house and both floors before were nasty and riddled with staples and foam padding so before leaving last time I asked her to actually prep the floor for me like pulling up all the staples and she said she would and when I got there it was worse then ever, if she was not my wifes freind I would have turned around and walked out bu being as this was her freind and the last floor to be done I let it slide. I spent about 2 extra hours just cleaning up before actually getting to do what I was there for! :m

Wade
I can definitely sympathise with you.:tz Situations like that burn my "butt"

Latest posts

Back