What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful job! I did walkways when i moved nto this house and know that your back and a few other areas are feeling it! Its worth it in the en though! im going to grill some steaks right now and drink some homebrew!

Here's what I worked on over the weekend. My son and I laid 450 sq ft of pavers. My AC unit will be disconnected today so I can finish up underneat it sometime this week.

New table and umbrella will be picked up this week, I'll get the rest of the junk from the yard over the weekend so we can start enjoying our new space.

DSC_6241_web.jpg

DSC_6239_web.jpg

DSC_6242_web.jpg

nice job they look almost like flagstone we dont have those pavers in ct. what did you use for a base to lay those on sand or stonedust. This is what i do for a living masonry we do alot of flagstone patios we lay them on a bed of stone dust walls and flagstone are very popular here in ct. carmine

Carmine, do you also work with the cultured stone?

no wade i never used cultured stone we don't have a call for them. I've seen afew jobs that were done in cultured stone. cultured stone is good to use when you want to veneer a fire place that doesn;t have room for the real stone also good to use in an erea that not weight bearing.
carmine

very nice.. looks like you live on a really interesting street.. are the homes really old ones or modern homes made to look 'period'?

Allie

nice job they look almost like flagstone we dont have those pavers in ct. what did you use for a base to lay those on sand or stonedust. This is what i do for a living masonry we do alot of flagstone patios we lay them on a bed of stone dust walls and flagstone are very popular here in ct. carmine

Thank you.

There is about 4-6" of 2B limestone and a 2" layer of 1B limestone that were both tamped with a vibrating plate tamper for about 2 hours. The actual pavers are set in a 1 3/8" layer of sand. All the pavers were tamped after being set.

The pavers are actually manufactured in Canada by a company called Techno-Bloc. The series we went with were Inca.

I really enjoyed the project, not only because it will give us a nice area to sit in the summer, but more so because my oldest son and I did it together.

very nice.. looks like you live on a really interesting street.. are the homes really old ones or modern homes made to look 'period'?

Allie

The homes in this area are all older. Our home was built in 1903, the house across the street (you can see it in the second picture) was built in 1898 and the house around the corner was built in 1856 to give you an idea how old the area is. Parts of our neighborhood is newer (40's and 50's) but for the most part it is old victorian style homes.

I've been in my home for almost 19 years now and grew up in the area. When we were looking for a home the choice wasn't a hard one to make as far as the area.

awwwwwwwww i want goats!!! even tho everytime i think of them i think of the Cake song hahahah! .......

Bottled 48 bottles of Lemon Wine and had a half gallon left over. Now going to ascertain what that half gallon will do to me.

Getting roof replaced on house and just got back from the dentist.

Careful drinking your wine. I came home from the dentist a couple weeks ago after two fillings and promptly covered my white shirt with red wine as it drizzled out of my numb lips.

:dg

Careful drinking your wine. I came home from the dentist a couple weeks ago after two fillings and promptly covered my white shirt with red wine as it drizzled out of my numb lips.

:dg

I understand that one LOL. Actually my dentist is also a very close friend and he got plastered Saturday at my house drinking my wine!

Bottled 48 bottles of Lemon Wine and had a half gallon left over. Now going to ascertain what that half gallon will do to me.

I would say that the 1/2 gallon of lemon wined will give you a new look on things, at least until the effects wear off.

Me right now, I'm sitting on the patio under the new umbrella (never had one before) watching my 3 y/o play in the sand box.

Just bottled some apple wine. Doug that umbrella will keep you cool this summer as you sip your wine.

making me some "fruit snacks" :) at least thats what i told the girl child as we cut up pinapple to go in the dehydrator!!! got a mango lined up next and some nanners to!! then gonna make some "fruit roll ups" cant wait till they are all done, gonna be yummy!!

Latest posts

Back