What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an allergy to poison ivy REALLY bad as a young child, so I had to have shots in Butt twice a month for 2 years. I swear the doctor went outside and tapped the needle on the concrete to get it nice and dull because I remember a lot of pain. I had to have the air injection in the fourth grade and when they put it to my arm, I flinched causing a scratch type injury which drew some blood on my arm (very traumatic for an 8 year old kid).

I dont' pass out - I'm just a big baby....

Try being a diabetic who hates needles......and yes I have tattoos...I don't know why, it isn't the same thing, I don't mind tattoos.

Hokapsig said:
I swear the doctor went outside and tapped the needle on the concrete to get it nice and dull....

My ex is a nurse and used to bring the flu shot home from the office for me...I thought tapping the needle on the counter first was part of the process?

I am deathly afraid of needles since I was a young boy, so I have to be on death's doorstep before I willingly take an injection.

I'm with you there hop. I always dread flu shots. I asked my oncologist a few weeks ago if I should get a flu shot before we start any treatment regimen for the canceer. He said he was glad I brought that up and yes he wanted me to get that along with a pneumoia shot. Me and my big mouth. I got both of them right then and in the same arm. After being scanned, x-rayed, poked, prodded, sliced and diced for a couple months now, the shots weren't so bad after all. I have had to ask if I could lay down a couple times now when they were inserting IV's and had trouble finding a good vein. Thursday hopefully I will find out what stage the follicular lymphoma is so we can develop the treatment plan.

Sorry for straying from the path about the flu shot, but I wanted you to see it isn't all that bad when faced with worse things. Get your shots yearly and you will get less sick.

Bev and I are celebrating our 47th Wedding Anniversay. December 29, 1965, "a date which will live in Ecstasy!" Home on Leave, I recall that it was unseasonably warm (in the mid 60's) in Pittsburgh that day and the Priest saying that such a beautiful day was a herald of good things to come. He was right!

Julie said:
Do you have severe tremors?

No. My doctor says that I'm B-12 deficient. He said that leads to dementia later in life. I already have a hard enough time remembering stuff now!! I have to try and stave off it getting any worse. The energy boost is a nice affect as well. :D

Congrats Rocky!!!! My wife and I just celebrated our 10th this year!

Tremors is another sign of being deficient in b12. My father-in-law has to have b-12 shots monthly because his hands shake so bad. My husband has tremors as well but not that severe, he just needs to take extra b-12 vitamins.

Off to my Great Grandma's 90th birthday party today

Will be nice to get home again, so i can go back to bed! :)

Congrats Rocky!!1

Feeling 100% better today. It's a wonder what a gallon of OJ, a couple of Bayer aspirin and bunch of sleep will do for a case of the flu. I already used the snowblower to clear the ENTIRE driveway.

Getting a shot in the arm or an IV still wigs me out. When I had my lens replacement surgery, they started an IV, but whatever they put in the IV, I want a 6 pack. They then gave me a shot in the eye and I didn't feel a thing on one eye or remember the shot in the second eye....

Congrats Rocky and Bev. :br
You have my wife and I beat by 3 years, we were married in May of 1968......we were just children!

Rocky, Congrats!!!! It's nice to see that we aren't the only happily married couple out there,22 years going strong!

I'm making Gnocchi alla Bolognese today, what else is a good ole Italian guy supposed to do on a snowy day...lol
My wife is so spoiled....lol...all the wine she can drink, and a culinary grad for a husband!

Congratulations Rocky! Bev was only what? 3 years old? Seriously Congratulations, that is a big accomplishment! My sweet bride and I are working on our 35th year.

Back