What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just couldn't wait until wed to get the honey, soooo... we took an hr ride to go get it, and how ironic, I took a wrong turn and ended up at a home brew shop....LOL....shhhhhhh....don't tell my wife, she might believe me.....
From now on, I'm getting the fresh honey in liquid form, not crystallized, that was a task and a half to work with, try getting 30 lbs out of a 5 gallon bucket...lol

Can you tell what I'm doing this evening?...

lots o berries.jpg

Took the family to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I am now up for Father of the Year.

The Cran Pom continues to ferment in the kitchen (the basement is just a tad chilly for the yeast).

My wife bought me a beer kit for my Birthday...Happy Birthday to me!
yep, I said beer...lol....my goal is to become proficient in brewing all types of Wines, Ciders, Meads, Melomel, Beer, etc.
Ambitious eh?...lolmy goal is to become proficient in brewing all types of Wines, Ciders, Meads, Melomel, Beer, etc.
Ambitious eh?...lol

Last edited:
My wife bought me a beer kit for my Birthday...Happy Birthday to me!
yep, I said beer...lol....my goal is to become proficient in brewing all types of Wines, Ciders, Meads, Melomel, Beer, etc.
Ambitious eh?...lol

What'd ya get? If I can get up early enough, I'm hoping to start a batch in the morning.

I got a red ale, boiling as we speak. I also started an 8 gallon batch of Berry Bliss/aka red dragon melomel, got to keep on fermenting!

Last edited:
DirtyDawg10 said:
Is this a blueberry dragon's blood? Looks good!

My wife and I are powering through the cherry I made. I need to start another one very soon.

Yep sort of. I used Dave's recipe for Dragon's Blood. I only used one bottle of lemon juice and substituted blueberries for the 4 berry blend. It turned out a lot darker than I expected. It continues to smell delicious.

I back sweetened by Blue Raspberry Skeeter Pee tonight. It has a nice color to it.

image-2375221872.jpg

Yesterday I racked and stabilized the Chambourcin and the Pear wine. The pear with initial early taste is showing promise. I also racked 3 gallons of elderberry into a smaller carboy and bottled 8 bottles for consumption. People have been asking if it's ready. Remaining 13 gallons I'm hoping to bulk age for a year. It's very full body and flavored and could use some more aging, but at 5 months, it's also drinkable.

Working a partial day today, then will head to the cellar for racking of whatever else needs it.

I think I got waaay too over ambitious with the fermenting...I literally have no more room, just a slight path in my office...LOL
It is time to bottle something to make room!

I got a red ale, boiling as we speak. I also started an 8 gallon batch of Berry Bliss/aka red dragon melomel, got to keep on fermenting!

Nice! The Belgian Black Ale is chilling as I type. I'll pitch the yeast in another ten minutes or so.

Yep sort of. I used Dave's recipe for Dragon's Blood. I only used one bottle of lemon juice and substituted blueberries for the 4 berry blend. It turned out a lot darker than I expected. It continues to smell delicious.

Now you're talking, Marc! I have made the same myself. I call my blueberry lemon wine Jet Blue, after my Black Lab "Jet". It's a nice variation on the recipe. I would like more blueberry flavor in it though, and plan to vary my recipe as such. Perhaps adding some blueberry juice at back sweetening---or steeping some fruit in the wine for a few months. Someone suggested that. Who was that masked man? :n

Dave, I plan on using a blueberry concentrate and reducing it down to sugar and using that as a f-pak. I also upped the amount of berries to 7.5 lbs. I like my wine a little I the sweet side. I'll be shooting for a final S. G. of 1.012. If it tastes like it smells, it should be my best so far. :D

Rocky, I had a Volkswagen Beetle the same color also.

Got my Riesling into a 6 gal. carboy, racked my 6 gal peach niagra, a 6 gal mixed country berry, a 5 gal second time around mixed country berry and bottled 2 gals of strawberry riesling,,,then got everything wash and cleaned!

Julie said:
Tremors is another sign of being deficient in b12. My father-in-law has to have b-12 shots monthly because his hands shake so bad. My husband has tremors as well but not that severe, he just needs to take extra b-12 vitamins.

Wow Julie!!! I had no idea!! I'm lucky then. The only other thing that I suffer from, according to my wife, is a case of OCD. I know that is nothing to laugh about. She might be correct though. I do like things a certain way. I'm finding it hard to get B-12 around here though. The manufacturer is not keeping up with demand. :( That and my insurance doesn't cover it.

Brought the Red Zin and Roija upstairs to the warmer part of the house and the fermentation has now taken off. Seems like the yeast like the warmth. Who'd have thunk that????

Gave Doug's Cran Lime Skeeter pee a stir too. It may be time to make a SG reading tonight and look to add the lime in....

I live pretty much in a very nice community and very much in the country. Last year we watched a bear run along our property while sitting in the pool and most nights in the spring we hear the coyote's howling. Five years ago, our house was broken into. The police told us that was because our driveway and entrance to our basement is below the property, plus we have woods on the basement side, behind us and in front of us across the road from us, so the entrance is pretty well hidden. Unless you are sitting in our driveway, you would have no idea who was entering our house. When we were robbed, we were able to calculate the time based on the time of day that it snowed and the delivery of a package from UPS. It normally would have been the time of day that I would have come home. Because I had a meeting in the high school and came home early that day, I did not walk into them. Not only did they steal guns and jewelry they went thru all my drawers. I have never in my life felt so violated. Needless to say, the way we live our lives has changed forever.

This morning my husband, Mike, goes out to start his jeep, he goes to work 30 minutes before me and comes in to tell me that both of our jeeps have been ramsacked and he is noticing some little things missing in his jeep. Again, I felt violated!!!! I am so F**kin pissed!!!! The security level that I now have to live in is just wrong!!!! I AM NOT FORT KNOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but I just need to vent!

OMG Julie!!! Didn't know about 5 yrs ago,,but today!! Is everything ok? Need anything let me know,,not sure what I could do,,but ask anyway. Have any idea?? or do I already have an idea? If your alone and don't want to be,,just call and a couple of bottles and I will be there!!

Thanks Terry, let the neighbors up your end know we have an azzhole ramsacking cars in their driveway, just found out that Makin's were ramsacked two weeks ago. So I'm tring to let as many of the neighbors know as I can!

Will do,,can't believe it!! With as cold as it was last night,,this person/s has some big ones to do this!! Guess I will have to start locking up now, and loading up!

Back