What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, we found the stuff that was stolen out of Mike's jeep, it was thrown along side the road up at the end of Knoch Road, looks like whoever it was, walked (both of our dogs barked constantly even thru the nigh when someone parks in the turn around) up Knoch Road and looks like based on where we found this stuff he continued to walk towards Saxonburg.

Have you ever seen the guy who walks up and down Dinnerbell Road betweent Knoch Road and on up into Saxonburg, he wears this long coat no matter what the temp is out side. We have heard that the he has been in trouble with the law before, just wondering.

Did some research on different Riesling clones & have been updating my new thread as the information comes into my head - link in my sig for those interested

I keep getting more and more excited over this whole venture!

Next is rootstock research, wee

Also awaiting a reply from Inland Nursery, where i'll be buying my vines, as well as received an reply email from Pacific Rim's (a winery who has biodynamic/organic/dry-farmed Riesling vineyards in WA) customer service, letting me know that my novel-of-an-email was forwarded to one of their winemakers - matter-fact, just checked my email and he's already replied to me, woohoo! This oughta be fun!

No never saw that one,,,but then again I can't see anyone who walks the road. Glad Mike has his stuff,,how about you? did he/they take anything out of yours? I sent out a text to the ones I know on Knoch.

They ripped everything out of the glovebox and console but nothing was missing.

wow, Julie, I didn't know you lived the 'hood. But happy to hear that stuff was recovered. We had that happen to us when we were first married, but we were quite poor and had nothing worth taking in the car.

I'm going to try to strain the concord to remove the skins. The wine has a turpentiney smell to it, and I have not tasted it as of yet, but the skins have been on the wine for about 3 months, The wine has been sulfited and stored in closed buckets in the cool basement. I intend on blending this anyhow....

Any suggestions????

Dang Julie!!!! I hate to hear about that!!! The sad reality is that it is only going to get worse! Thank goodness we have nosy neighbors where I live.

I finally got to spend my Christmas gift from my lovely wife today at my LHBS!!! 4 more carboys and I'll be set! I decided to purchase a Vinbrite filter kit also. I used it to bottle my mulled cinnamon and it is crystal clear!!! The bad thing is it took 1 1/2 hours to rack 5 gallons from one carboy to another!! :( Good thing it wasn't expensive. I see an allinonepump in my near future.

Marc, The allinone is great bud! I rack and degassed 5 gallons of Berry bliss Melomel, 5-6 mins tops, bottles 24 - 750 ml bottles, 10 -15 mins tops, put pvc caps on em.
I stabilized and back sweetened my new batch of berry Bliss Melomel, it came out to 9.5 gallons..damn!
I back sweetened with the raw honey, this is a true Melomel this time, transferred to carboys.

Pumpkinman said:
Marc, The allinone is great bud! I rack and degassed 5 gallons of Berry bliss Melomel, 5-6 mins tops, bottles 24 - 750 ml bottles, 10 -15 mins tops, put pvc caps on em.
I stabilized and back sweetened my new batch of berry Bliss Melomel, it came out to 9.5 gallons..damn!
I back sweetened with the raw honey, this is a true Melomel this time, transferred to carboys.

Yep!! I'm definitely getting one. I'm going to get the filter accessory as well. I couldn't t believe the difference!!! I'll filter every batch from here on out!

That is awesome!!! I'm trying to hint around to my wife that I want one. Hehehe. :D

Finally had a bit of time today read the forum again. Been working on my Bio degree the past few months. Winter break until the 28th. Before that time I have roughly 50 gallons of various wines to bottle and a couple of beers as well.
Got a kit i'd like to get get going before classes start for the spring but need to bottle all of my finished stuff first.
Hope everyone is doing well and we have time to catch up.
:)

Today I spent time poring through the recipes I've gleaned from this forum (such a wealth of knowledge!!) and decided on a few batches.
Tomorrow I'll be out getting the last bit of supplies I need for the Chocolate Orange Port - I can't WAIT for this one!

Finally had a bit of time today read the forum again. Been working on my Bio degree the past few months. Winter break until the 28th. Before that time I have roughly 50 gallons of various wines to bottle and a couple of beers as well.
Got a kit i'd like to get get going before classes start for the spring but need to bottle all of my finished stuff first.
Hope everyone is doing well and we have time to catch up.
:)

Glad to see back you posting. And sounds like things are going well for you.

Whoo Hoo, my friend Dan sent me a text. He has acquired some wine making equipment and will be dropping by the forum.

LEt me know what you don't take....

After getting home from work at 1:30 this morning, I decided to try cold stabilization on my Stueben by putting the carboy outside last night. Hopefully it's still there and it worked....

LEt me know what you don't take....

After getting home from work at 1:30 this morning, I decided to try cold stabilization on my Stueben by putting the carboy outside last night. Hopefully it's still there and it worked....

Where did you say you lived at ? :h

Where did you say you lived at ? :h

AHHHH Julie.....wasn't this you just a few days ago :ft:ft:ft

This morning my husband, Mike, goes out to start his jeep, he goes to work 30 minutes before me and comes in to tell me that both of our jeeps have been ramsacked and he is noticing some little things missing in his jeep. Again, I felt violated!!!! I am so F**kin pissed!!!! The security level that I now have to live in is just wrong!!!! I AM NOT FORT KNOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but I just need to vent!

Well yes that was me, but you know, I'm feeling better now and more than ready to go take care of someone else's carboy full of wine :HB

I did have about a half inch of crystals drop out last night, but the wine is not clear yet. I racked my Rioja and added more yeast nutrient to the Cran Lime skeeter Pee. In another day or 2, it will time to add the lime. The wife is drooling and chattering over this one since Julie's get together.

Thinking about making another batch of Candy Cane wine....

thanks for your posts
22.jpg
13.jpg
20.jpg
23.jpg
21.jpg

Latest posts

Back