What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting over being sick, still have that yucky feeling but no more fever.

Today I racked my Trio Blanco that finally cleared and White Zinfandel. They both tasted real good and I added 5 oz of liquid gold to both of them.

Julie, regardless that movie sounded good. Unbelievable, I organized three hiring events in three communities over the last four weeks. I am doing 2-3 orientations every week for the last month and working six days a week 12-15 hours each. Hiding behind that happy face saying what a great company it is with lots of opportunities. Yet, in two weeks mine and 1000 other jobs are completely eliminated. I wonder how many other people could or would do that.Oh well maybe the hamster and I can email each other in the early morning hours then...LMAO.

Seriously, It is not a bad movie and you know I wouldn't joke about this if I didn't think you would come out of this Ok. You have the right attitude for someone losing their job. I truely believe you are very talented and no I don't think you are going to be off long enough to be emailing hamster in the early morning hours. :p

Racked off the Apple wine into another carboy yesterday. I also picked up my kitchen cabinets that were re ordered. Home Depot gave me a $400 credit due to thier accident.

Went into the kitchen this morning to find I unplugged the heater from the PEE instead of the mead and had berry melomel all over the kitchen table, live and learn. Plugged the PEE back in and unplugged the Melomel while at work. Will make my starter after work for the PEE and get it pitched before the FD meeting.

Found out yesterday that I'll be in Edinboro on June 25 for an orientation session. Whooo Hoooo, could be fun....Might have to make some winery trips on the way home from there.

As it is my birthday, I'm just going to do whatever I feel like today. Woohoooo.

Today I racked my Trio Blanco that finally cleared and White Zinfandel. They both tasted real good and I added 5 oz of liquid gold to both of them.

QUOTE]

I'm curious whats liquid gold . Is it a sweetener ? I had to sweeten my trio a little also . It's nice & clear now just waiting for another wine to be ready so I can filter at the same time .

As for today that's up in the open depends on how the boys so today in the semi finals .

Well I'm going back to watch the gold medal game because after 2 overtime periods and the third shooter was my son and he SCORED !!!!!!!!!! This will be thier last hockey game of the year win or loss . Then guess that will mean more wine making time :D

Well I'm going back to watch the gold medal game because after 2 overtime periods and the third shooter was my son and he SCORED !!!!!!!!!! This will be thier last hockey game of the year win or loss . Then guess that will mean more wine making time :D

Congrats :try

QUOTE]

I'm curious whats liquid gold . Is it a sweetener ? I had to sweeten my trio a little also . It's nice & clear now just waiting for another wine to be ready so I can filter at the same time .

As for today that's up in the open depends on how the boys so today in the semi finals .

Liquid Gold = Glycerine. I over paid for it at 65.00 a gallon. If I had taken my own advice I would have saved 15.00 buying from George.

Well they didn't win the gold but got silver thats fine also .
Dan why didn't you use the syrup ? I guess if you had that already makes sense to use it up .

Just by way of a quick explanation...Make a boiler form a keg. Attach a 3/4" copper pipe arm that can be immersed into a barrel. You'll want to use some unions for the connections so the pipe can pivot and a pressure gauge and blow-off valve for safety reasons. The end of the pipe needs to end in a forked diffuser drilled with lots of 1/8" holes.

The barrel has to be able to withstand the heat. Add water and grain to the barrel in your preferred ratio. Direct steam into the barrel to heat the water.

It's more complicated than that, but not terribly difficult. Don't try it based on just the info above. If you're interested in building something PM me.

It's impossible to scorch the grain with this method.

Very cool, I have enough projects going though, I shoulfnt be abl to do any scorching with my electric set up once I get the false bottom in there!

Well today I just finishesd making a 10 gallon batch of AG Killians clone.

The kid is home sick from school. Besides watching him and keeping him entertained, I've been checking on the Sauv Blanc in primary and Red Zin in secondary. Now to plan my next wine project... I'm thinking a merlot. Kat really like the Smoking Loon Merlot we bought the other day.

I trimmed my two apple tree's after work. Wow at 6:30 pm the sun was still out. Most of the snow is gone except for the piles on either side of the driveway. Off work tomorrow, YAHOOOOOOO!

Racked my blueberry Skeeter Pee tasted good not too acidic like last time. Was going to sweeten but no sugar in the house. :( On the plus side I used all the sugar to make a Hibiscus mint wine that I pitched the yeast on today. It smells divine!

Racked my blueberry Skeeter Pee tasted good not too acidic like last time. Was going to sweeten but no sugar in the house. :( On the plus side I used all the sugar to make a Hibiscus mint wine that I pitched the yeast on today. It smells divine!

Hibiscus/mint sounds lovely. Do you have a recipe?

I have a day off today so I am going to read and make tea a lot.

Hibiscus/mint sounds lovely. Do you have a recipe?

I have a day off today so I am going to read and make tea a lot.

I combined a Hibiscus and mint wine recipe. So far it smells and tastes great.
For 3 gallons
3 oz Hibscus flowers
4 oz fresh mint
2 1/3 cup light brown sugar
sugar up to 1.090
4.5 tsp acid blend
3 tsp yeast nutrient
.5 tsp tannin
pectin enzyme

Brought mint and hibiscus to slow boil twice then poured off water to disovle sugar

Back