What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last day of work for me I took tomorrow of because I'm having a surprise party for my hubby tomorrow night at a local small hall . So I can't take anyof my wine there but sure can have soem before & after the party :h

Im doing nothing as my back is shot, barely made it through work today! Sciatic nerve is really acting up, freakin sucks as its so beautiful out here today. On a good note all my transferred Black Currants are breaking bud now so its looking good!!!!!!:db

Better hope we don't get a frost still early out here my fruit trees are starting to bud pray for no frost
carmine

Already seeing buds, geez, I'd be happy just to see the ground again!

We're getting there too though, been in the low 30's the past week or so. We're a few weeks behind you but we will all meet up in spring in a few more weeks.

This has been a winter for the record books. The tomato growers around here start planting in the second week of Jan. The plants they have already started have just been sitting there doing nothing.
It's still not making up it's mind what it wants to do here in Fla. Yesterday it was in the high 40's in the morning, now tomorrow it will be in the high 60's. Still got another cold front coming for the end of the weekend.

Yeah no kidding, FLA has had quite the winter indeed. And yet way up here in the sub arctic we barely even got cold except a feww nights go figure.

Already seeing buds, geez, I'd be happy just to see the ground again!

We're getting there too though, been in the low 30's the past week or so. We're a few weeks behind you but we will all meet up in spring in a few more weeks.

I wish it was still alittle cold here i have an old vine zin that i had to make alot of adjustment too i have it cold stabilizing in the garage it still needs a few more weeks .
carmine

hi all.my chocolate rasberry port was working out fine until i decided to give it agood stirring with my drill powered steelpaddle.i forgot to remove the glass thermometer and it broke in my port ! icould cry boo-hoo.

hi all.my chocolate rasberry port was working out fine until i decided to give it agood stirring with my drill powered steelpaddle.i forgot to remove the glass thermometer and it broke in my port ! icould cry boo-hoo.

Ouch! that had to be a bad sinking feeling that came over you suddenly.

you can't imagine how fast my hand went in the primary when i remembered the da--thing.i'm so disappointed as everyone had said how good this port was plus $80 went down the drain!!

tom wouldn't there be mercury in it?is it poisonous?would a filter remove it?

Cant comment on whats in there, wish I could tell yu it wouldnt hurt anything!

Not sure what kind of thermometer you have, but most these days have either steel or bismuth shot in them, packed with a wax; the liquid is probably alcohol. They make them pretty safe. The glass would be my biggest worry and filtering should take care of that. However, it's your call - you may wish to check with the thermometer supplier/ manufacturer before you decide.
If you're going to think of this every time you drink some, however, toss it.

Back